The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Official Northumbria University Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official Northumbria University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Northumbria University.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Scroll to see replies

Hello to everyone coming to or considering coming to Northumbria in 2024:hello:
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions at all!

Beth
Northumbria University UG rep
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
I got offers for two courses for 104 UCAS points, which is lower than the usual entry requirements. There was no grades specified, so can I make up these UCAS points from any appropriate grade selections?
Hiya, I hope you're well,

As long as it doesn't specify a course or a grade on our website then all you need is the specified amount of UCAS points, so 104 in your case, which you can make up with the subjects you would like.

I hope this makes sense, let me know if you have any further questions :smile:

Beth
Reply 4
Original post by Northumbria University UG Rep
Hiya, I hope you're well,

As long as it doesn't specify a course or a grade on our website then all you need is the specified amount of UCAS points, so 104 in your case, which you can make up with the subjects you would like.

I hope this makes sense, let me know if you have any further questions :smile:

Beth

Thanks very much! I'm over the moon Northumbria was my first choice and I got my offer within two working days which was very quick
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official Northumbria University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Northumbria University.

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Are mot students from the local area would you say?
Reply 6
Original post by Wis3Girl05
I got offers for two courses for 104 UCAS points, which is lower than the usual entry requirements. There was no grades specified, so can I make up these UCAS points from any appropriate grade selections?

normally yeah it can be most combinations just check if there's anymore specific requirements such as a Minimum Grade in any subjects
Original post by Anonymous
Are mot students from the local area would you say?

Hiya,

I am currently a student at Northumbria doing my placement year but previously studied business and marketing for 2 years. In my experience it is very diverse and while there are students from the local area, you meet students from all over the country and also from other countries as well, as there are international students and also some students doing a study abroad, for example in my second year we had some students from America join us for a semester. I found this to be very enjoyable as you get to meet people from loads of different backgrounds with different experiences and cultures.
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

Beth
Northumbria UG rep
Hi, I have applied to study midwifery at Northumbria (Sept, 2024). I am praying I get the grades and get accepted. I am a mature student and I'm currently studying access to HE (Midwifery).
Reply 9
Hello my name is Fa,May I know how long does it takes to get the unconditional offer after settle down with the conditions. As i am postgraduate student and international student so im afraid it will be a little late for my cas number and visa process later.
Reply 10
Hi there,

Hi!
I'm applying to study Law, and I just got my offer an hour ago! I'm really excited to start Uni next year, and hopefully picking up ice skating again whilst I'm there!
Original post by Faazmmie
Hello my name is Fa,May I know how long does it takes to get the unconditional offer after settle down with the conditions. As i am postgraduate student and international student so im afraid it will be a little late for my cas number and visa process later.

Hello, thank you for your question :smile:

I think this question is a case by case question and it will vary. You can email: [email protected] and they may be able to assist you and answer anymore questions you may have but like I said these are usually dependent on the individual situation. I hope this helps.

Beth 🙂
Hi there,

I am an International applicant considering to study at Northumbria University (Newcastle) for September 2024.

What the best time to submit the application is?
And in case of getting an offer from the university do I need to pay the deposit at the same time of accepting the offer or I can pay it later before requesting CAS and applying for visa?

Regards,

Study4Success
Original post by study4success
I am an International applicant considering to study at Northumbria University (Newcastle) for September 2024.

What the best time to submit the application is?
And in case of getting an offer from the university do I need to pay the deposit at the same time of accepting the offer or I can pay it later before requesting CAS and applying for visa?

Regards,

Study4Success

Hi Study4Success, thank you for your questions!
I am not best qualified to answer these questions but if you email: [email protected] they should be able to help you!
I hope this helps,
Beth.
Reply 14
Original post by amelia777
Hi!
I'm applying to study Law, and I just got my offer an hour ago! I'm really excited to start Uni next year, and hopefully picking up ice skating again whilst I'm there!

Hi! I've got an offer to study Law at Northumbria! Im just hoping to find mates lol, im moving from 3 hours away to Newcastle.
Original post by kei123
Hi! I've got an offer to study Law at Northumbria! Im just hoping to find mates lol, im moving from 3 hours away to Newcastle.

Hi Kei, congratulations on your offer!

I hope you manage to find friends on here but if not there are plenty of ways to make friends when you arrive to Newcastle. During freshers week we will be running many events that will give you an opportunity to meet people and we also run "be part of it events" throughout the year which gives you an opportunity to make new friends and try new things. https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/be-part-of-it/

I hope this helps :smile:

Beth
Northumbria UG rep
Reply 16
Hey, is anyone applying for primary education ?
Hi,

I am applying for Physiotherapy yet I still have not heard from Northumbria. I wonder if I should contact the admission and check for the status.

Kind regards,
Original post by Helen101989c
Hi,

I am applying for Physiotherapy yet I still have not heard from Northumbria. I wonder if I should contact the admission and check for the status.

Kind regards,

Hiya Helen,

No worries, I'm sure it is still processing, it depends on a lot of factors how quickly offers go out and the UCAS deadline has still not passed! However, if it would make you feel better to check, our admissions team is available on this email address:[email protected]

All the best :smile:

Beth
Northumbria UG rep
Original post by Northumbria University UG Rep
Hiya Helen,

No worries, I'm sure it is still processing, it depends on a lot of factors how quickly offers go out and the UCAS deadline has still not passed! However, if it would make you feel better to check, our admissions team is available on this email address:[email protected]

All the best :smile:

Beth
Northumbria UG rep

Thanks very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending