The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Official Northumbria University Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Does an offer of 112 UCAS include EPQ with my 3 a levels.
Environmental science
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Original post by deereay
Does an offer of 112 UCAS include EPQ with my 3 a levels.
Environmental science

Hi, I got an offer of 112 for psychology and that does include my EPQ so it's probably the same :smile:
Original post by Princess_Kabyle
Heyy guys really need your help here ! I’m applying for masters and I’m not sure the word limit the website says 500 but in the website application where u upload the personal statement says not exceeding 1000 so I’m not sure !!!

Hi Kabyle, I hope you're well!

Thank you for your question, you can contact our Ask4Help team on 0191 227 4646 or [email protected] and they should be able to help.
Let me know if you have any more questions and good luck with your application 🙂

Beth
Northumbria UG rep
Has anyone received an offer for midwifery?
I completed an interview on the 19th and my decision is still pending. I'm excited to see what the outcome is, as it's my firm choice 🫣.
Reply 24
Got an offer for Law today WOOHOOO
Original post by Aryxvan
Got an offer for Law today WOOHOOO

Congratulations! 🙂

Beth
Any one got offers ?? I’m still waiting , my status is decision pending
Original post by Princess-Rose
Any one got offers ?? I’m still waiting , my status is decision pending

I did my interview for Midwifery Jan 19th and my decision is still pending
Had my Adult Nursing interview last week and the next day to rejected me and changed the course (without even consulting me) to Health and Social Care, but have been putting the rejected Midwifery applicants onto Adult Nursing, and I'm both annoyed and feel like thats a bit of a ****take.
Original post by PwnArtist
Had my Adult Nursing interview last week and the next day to rejected me and changed the course (without even consulting me) to Health and Social Care, but have been putting the rejected Midwifery applicants onto Adult Nursing, and I'm both annoyed and feel like thats a bit of a ****take.

I got rejected for Midwifery on Monday and received an email with a list of other courses to switch to. My options were Adult nursing (mental health), learning disabilities nursing, childhood and early years, health and social care or guidance counselling.

Have you received any other offers anywhere else?
Original post by Anonymous #2
I got rejected for Midwifery on Monday and received an email with a list of other courses to switch to. My options were Adult nursing (mental health), learning disabilities nursing, childhood and early years, health and social care or guidance counselling.

Pharmaceutical Science at Teesside.

I had my interview today for Teeside Adult Nursing, and I have Sunderland on the 6th March.

Pharmaceutical Science at Teesside.

I had my interview today for Teeside Adult Nursing, and I have Sunderland on the 6th March.

Try not to get too down about Northumbria, although it does seem very unfair considering the nursing positions will be getting filled by unsuccessful midwives.

Good luck for your next interviews 💪🤞🍀

Try not to get too down about Northumbria, although it does seem very unfair considering the nursing positions will be getting filled by unsuccessful midwives.

Teesside sent me an offer today for Adult Nursing, and it was my first choice anyway so Im super happy about that and only mildly salty about Northumbria now.
(edited 2 months ago)

Teesside sent me an offer today for Adult Nursing, and it was my first choice anyway so Im super happy about that and only mildly salty about Northumbria now.

Yeyy congratulations 👏🎉🎉
Reply 34
Hi! Is anyone applying for business and HRM?
Reply 35
Hi!! Does anyone know if there’s an official Northumbria Offer Holder Thread?
Original post by Jessx2813
Hi!! Does anyone know if there’s an official Northumbria Offer Holder Thread?
Hiya Jess,

This is a great idea and I've just set one up! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7449453&p=99205726&page=1#post99205726

All the best,

Beth :smile:
Hey, I have been offered a place at Northumbria for Mental Health Nursing, but I also have family up there which I was planning on staying with to save money however I am worried about events such as freshers week because everyone who’s accommodating will already get to know each other and I don’t know if I can go to the events by myself, any suggestions on what I can do?
Original post by emma_h_06
Hey, I have been offered a place at Northumbria for Mental Health Nursing, but I also have family up there which I was planning on staying with to save money however I am worried about events such as freshers week because everyone who’s accommodating will already get to know each other and I don’t know if I can go to the events by myself, any suggestions on what I can do?

Hi Emma, I hope you're well!

You can absolutely go to freshers events by yourself and these can be a great way to meet people! Societies are also a great way to meet people and often around freshers week, they do taster events so you can try them out without committing to a membership.
Alternatively this year we have been running events called "Be Part of It" which allow students to meet like minded people and try new things all through the year not just during freshers week. https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/be-part-of-it/.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions :smile:

Beth
Northumbria University UG rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending