The Student Room Group

Exam Criteria

Hi, I have recently bee predicted 4 A* and 1A. The A is in English Literature. I mis read a question and got a b. But got 96% in my poetry taking me to an overall A(but a low A). My teacher says its unlikely (even if I get 100%) that I can achieve an A* which means that I cant apply to durham or edinburgh. What are my options because im so gutted.
Original post by Skye Walker
Hi, I have recently bee predicted 4 A* and 1A. The A is in English Literature. I mis read a question and got a b. But got 96% in my poetry taking me to an overall A(but a low A). My teacher says its unlikely (even if I get 100%) that I can achieve an A* which means that I cant apply to durham or edinburgh. What are my options because im so gutted.

if you have 5 alevels you can still apply as the minimum is only 3
Reply 2
Why on earth are you doing FIVE A levels.

You already have the evidence that its too much - and you are risking all your grades by attempting this.
Drop at least one subject.
Original post by Skye Walker

Hi there,

What courses are you looking at applying for? Most universities only consider your best three A-Level results unless that course is needed for the degree so it may not even affect your application.

- Amy (Lancaster Student Ambassador) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest