The Student Room Group

Advice on vet school with biovet degree of 2:2

Hi there , would love any advice for getting to vet med with grade 2:2 as I would like to do vet but grade is not a 2:1 and was thinking of studying abroad but want to see if there are other methods in getting to vet within the U.K.. GCSE was standard with 4s or C and BTEC with DDM due to covid. Any advice is appreciated
Competition for places on vet med courses is high, but in recent years the universities have put more emphasis on their own vetting procedures rather than grades. It would be especially helpful if you qualify for any of their 'contextual' criteria as they will often reduce their entrance requirements significantly if you do. They place particular emphasis on showing an understanding of the profession and showing that you have worked with animals, so I would look at the admission criteria for graduate admission and unless they specifically exclude a 2:2 grade then there's no reason why you should not stand a good chance of being accepted.
Reply 2
Original post by BeingBoring
Competition for places on vet med courses is high, but in recent years the universities have put more emphasis on their own vetting procedures rather than grades. It would
be especially helpful if you qualify for any of their 'contextual' criteria as they will often reduce their entrance requirements significantly if you do. They place particular emphasis on showing an understanding of the profession and showing that you have worked with animals, so I would look at the admission criteria for graduate admission and unless they specifically exclude a 2:2 grade then there's no reason why you should not stand a good chance of being accepted.

hi there , so unfortunately was given a Third and was looking into vet abroad that do entrance exam or HE Access in veterinary science for a year as I would get a change for Bristol vet school with that . I do have degree and criteria for veterinary nurse degree 100% but want to explore the option to vet med before I do vet nurse as a back up back up option. Thanks for the reply
Reply 3
The entry requirement for rvc (London) 4 and 5 year is a 2.2 and have heard of several people get in with a 2.2, but with very strong work experience and questionnaires.
Dublin also accepts 2.2 I believe, but it is very very competitive with only 5-10 (I think?) spaces for postgrads entry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending