The Student Room Group

I’m going mad over this help !

I live in a shared house with my uni mates .Basically I have a dairy which I write in wen I’m going through a rough time , it had thoughts about my housemates that weren’t rood but when I was having a bad day I would overthink and vent it out e.g they hate me , although I’ve never had an argument with them and genuinely do appreciate them and have shared a lot of moments with them , at the time I was jus going through a lot and I knew it was a me problem hence why I wrote it down and 30 mins later after I wrote it down I realised it was just my mind and those thoughts dissipated. More importantly The dairy also has personal secrets and battles I’ve been facing all my life that NOBODY knows about . 5-6 months I left the house from Nottingham to catch the train in a rush, I wasn’t sure whether I locked the bedroom door, my fLatmates have snooped and have done so with our other housemates on multiple occasions infront of me and so ik if I had left my door open they would read it . Wen I went bac I was sneaking in as it was late and didn’t wanna wake anyone , I was so focused on not making a sound that idk how I got into my room which begs the question DID I LOCK MY DOOR OR NOT.it’s been eating me up inside and they have been distant with me all summer , taking weeks to reply, not only do I feel guilty but I feel so violated evry day for the past 6 months the thought has been running through my head and it had affected my wellbeing, what do I do how do I let this go .should I ask them . I can’t sleep , I can’t eat .
Any help appreciated
(edited 1 week ago)
This thread about flatmates reading a private diary sounds familiar…have you made this thread before?
Reply 2
Let's assume the worst and they did read it.There is nothing you can do about it now and it is certainly not worth making yourself ill over.You have become over obsessed with this issue plainly.You have plainly had a lot going on in your life and I think this has just become the focus of all your anxiety.You should try and get some talking therapy to help you disentangle these issues.Go and see your GP or see if uni has any support available.
Your flatmates are not going to admit it if they did look so you can see all this angst is pointless and after 6 months is plainly getting out of hand.This is not a normal reaction 6 months down the line.

Quick Reply

Latest