The Student Room Group

Urgent help needed

Can someone help please? I am a non Uk national ( DR Congolese) spouse of a UK national, on a spouse visa. Both my husband and I have been living in the UK for more than 5 years. I have applied for maintenance and tuition fee loan on this basis( family member of UK national). I have provided all required supporting documents. After weeks of waiting, SFE replied a week ago stating I am ineligible due to have not lived in the UK for 20 years. I have submitted an appeal on the same day as I did not apply on this ground. I have read all current new regulations in place and I know I am elligible. I have not heard anything back with regards appeal, I am due to start my course on tomorrow 25th September ( Bsc Occupational Therapy at Uclan). I feel completely distressed as I’m not being heard at all. Can anyone advice what other action I can urgently take please ? Thanks, Nicky
Original post by Nicky14
Can someone help please? I am a non Uk national ( DR Congolese) spouse of a UK national, on a spouse visa. Both my husband and I have been living in the UK for more than 5 years. I have applied for maintenance and tuition fee loan on this basis( family member of UK national). I have provided all required supporting documents. After weeks of waiting, SFE replied a week ago stating I am ineligible due to have not lived in the UK for 20 years. I have submitted an appeal on the same day as I did not apply on this ground. I have read all current new regulations in place and I know I am elligible. I have not heard anything back with regards appeal, I am due to start my course on tomorrow 25th September ( Bsc Occupational Therapy at Uclan). I feel completely distressed as I’m not being heard at all. Can anyone advice what other action I can urgently take please ? Thanks, Nicky

Hi Nicky,

The appeals team will respond to you once this has been processed. This can take up to 40 working days as the current timescale but they'll contact you accordingly once it's reviewed. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending