The Student Room Group

is sixth form a friendly place for autistic students?

every sixth form is different, i completely understand. but, in general, is it something that other autistic pupils can cope with? i'm really scared the days would be too long (i was on a reduced timetable before coming out of secondary school to do home tuition) or even the workload not being something i could manage. i had such a bad experience with comp but i'm thinking i might have a different attitude and outlook on sixth form now that i'm doing so much better mentally
Original post by elioo_d
every sixth form is different, i completely understand. but, in general, is it something that other autistic pupils can cope with? i'm really scared the days would be too long (i was on a reduced timetable before coming out of secondary school to do home tuition) or even the workload not being something i could manage. i had such a bad experience with comp but i'm thinking i might have a different attitude and outlook on sixth form now that i'm doing so much better mentally

In sixth form you get free periods which makes it much easier for me to cope. The workload is a lot more and there is much more of an expectation to manage your time which I struggle with. The workload I wouldn't say is too much for me, but I struggle with time management. The days are just as long (I go to a sixth form attached to a secondary) for me but I get more time to myself.

Quick Reply

Latest