The Student Room Group

front end vs backend developer

at the moment I am currently learning back end languages and I saw from a video that you shouldn't learn back end first and instead do front end because companies probably wont trust a junior to handle important data however, Im not that interested in front end languages - I've learnt front end for couple of months but I didn't enjoy it that much so should I continue on learning backend or should I instead just do front end then do back end?
Original post by DRIPDRIP9463
at the moment I am currently learning back end languages and I saw from a video that you shouldn't learn back end first and instead do front end because companies probably wont trust a junior to handle important data however, Im not that interested in front end languages - I've learnt front end for couple of months but I didn't enjoy it that much so should I continue on learning backend or should I instead just do front end then do back end?

I would stay stick to what you enjoy - if that's back-end, then stick with it.

Different companies will take different approaches to this. Some will put their best people on the back-end because they consider their data, algorithms, etc. to be key. Others will see the back-end as just a data store, and will focus all their efforts on a wonderful front-end.

I would say the majority, however, want "front-to-back" (or "full stack") developers, who are equally adept at both. That way, they can move those devs around, depending upon the needs of the project.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending