The Student Room Group

setting up a web development agency

I am considering starting a web development agency where I build websites for clients (small businesses). At the moment I am a complete beginner in web development. Have some knowledge of HTML/CSS and I don't know any Javascript. I've seen that a lot of these web development businesses use no-code websites like webflow or wix.

Whilst using a no-code website would reduce the time spent learning and would allow me jump straight into designing websites, however knowing HTML/CSS/JS which I consider the foundations of web development would allow me to have a greater understanding and ultimately have more control over the websites I design. Should I spend the time learning HTML/CSS/JS or start using no code websites like webflow/wix?
Original post by rsen1324
I am considering starting a web development agency where I build websites for clients (small businesses). At the moment I am a complete beginner in web development. Have some knowledge of HTML/CSS and I don't know any Javascript. I've seen that a lot of these web development businesses use no-code websites like webflow or wix.

Whilst using a no-code website would reduce the time spent learning and would allow me jump straight into designing websites, however knowing HTML/CSS/JS which I consider the foundations of web development would allow me to have a greater understanding and ultimately have more control over the websites I design. Should I spend the time learning HTML/CSS/JS or start using no code websites like webflow/wix?

Why not do both? Offer "simple" web sites where they can be implemented using a "no code" solution, but charge a premium price if the requirement must be implemented using custom HTML/CSS/JS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending