The Student Room Group

Dimensional Analysis

I understand that both sides of an equation have to be dimensionally consistent however I’ve no idea how to sub the dimensions in when partial fractions are involved. Any hints how to deal with them? Thanks

8E4EF113-0ED7-4850-BE88-85388EED41BC.jpg.jpeg
Original post by Y2_UniMaths
I understand that both sides of an equation have to be dimensionally consistent however I’ve no idea how to sub the dimensions in when partial fractions are involved. Any hints how to deal with them? Thanks

Do you know how to determine the dimensions of a differential term ?
Reply 2
Original post by Y2_UniMaths

I don't see any "partial fractions" in that question! Do you mean "partial derivatives"? Take a simpler example with 1 variable: if x has dimensions of [L] then what would be the dimensions of v = dx/dt for example?
Reply 3
Original post by davros
I don't see any "partial fractions" in that question! Do you mean "partial derivatives"? Take a simpler example with 1 variable: if x has dimensions of [L] then what would be the dimensions of v = dx/dt for example?

Original post by Mr Wednesday
Do you know how to determine the dimensions of a differential term ?

Managed to get it in the end, thanks for the replies! Think I was just very tired this morning :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest