The Student Room Group

Friends at Uni

Hi,
Everyone says Uni is supposed to be the best few years of your life, but tbh I havent been experiencing this. I know I've only been here two weeks but it quite frankly sucks.
My flatmates are incredibly loud, and as a person with anxiety and autism this is incredibly hard to deal with. Everyday there are more and more random people occurring in my flat. They think I am antisocial and rude, but it's mainly because I find them overwhelming and I don't share an interest in their drinking/partying culture. Every night all I hear from outside my accommodation is noise of people having parties and drinking. I find going into the kitchen terrifying.
Everyone I have tried to talk to on my course doesn't seem interested in talking back to me and even the societies I go too, no one seems interested. I come across weird and strange at first because I am terrified of new situations and new people, and it takes a long time for me to be comfortable around anyone.
I am studying history but it isn't particularly great ATM because although I can narrow down into areas of interest all the modules I wanted to do aren't being run this year and a lot of the course is fixed on topics I have no interest in.
I am worried about finding people to share a house with next year, as here people generally start looking in October and November. I have made no friends despite efforts to meet people but no one seems to like me or want to engage further.
I like being by myself but I still feel lonely.
I don't know what to do - how do I make friends?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending