The Student Room Group

22 and hating life

Right firstly, i don't wanna sound like an attention seeker but I'm really just looking advice. I'm 22 and I just hate life, like I really hate it. I never seem to have any fun cause i have barely any friends and I think lots of people just hate me too. I have 2 really close friends and that's it. honestly, I've tried making new friends before but people just give me dirty looks and they assume that there better than me. I even reach out to people I knew years ago and I either get ignored or they read the message and just don't reply. I'm just fresh out of universiry aswell and pleased with my results however my time at uni was horrendous as I never made one friend there at all due to many reasons - Covid, online classes etc. so basically I missed out on the uni life that others seem to enjoy. Imagine not having been out once partying during my 3 years at uni 😢 I know pathetic isn't it. I just posted this cause honestly I'm just mentally drained with life. Any replies would be appreciated👍
Reply 1
Hope you're doing well mate. Everyone's life is different, so is everyone's university experience, be proud of your achievements and stop comparing to other people's standards.

Don't text people that don't respect your time and efforts, you come across needy and an easy target to be exploited.

You don't need to be the most famous person at university, you only need a handful of friends that you can trust with your life. It seems you have two really good friends, spend time with them. You have your whole life ahead full of new friends and opportunities. Don't let that go to waste as someone else would love to have the same opportunity as you. Hope you're doing well.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Hey,

Do you have hobbies, interests, what you are passionate about?

What makes you happy?

Do you enjoy travel, sports, movies, reading etc? Maybe going to events etc

Quick Reply

Latest