The Student Room Group

Gillian Keegan pledges crackdown on mobiles in schools

Poll

Should kids be allowed to use their phones in school?

Good luck with that.
Could well work, could well not, wondering whether this applies to sixth forms as well.
Just confiscate phones at the start of the day give them back going home. Exclude any student that doesn't comply or is found lying about having one. Simple.
Ban them for all under 18s !!!!!!!!!! :judge:
The only reason they should have a phone is for emergency calls and recording school fights and other crimes against pupils they try to cover up.
Does this include the pupils using their phones for remote learning because Gillian didn’t deal with the RAAC problem?

Another attempt to distract from government incompetence by generating a few positive headlines in the telegraph and the daily mail while not actually doing anything
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Does this include the pupils using their phones for remote learning because Gillian didn’t deal with the RAAC problem?

Another attempt to distract from government incompetence by generating a few positive headlines in the telegraph and the daily mail while not actually doing anything

Well, I nearly tripped over six of my seven bins reading about this whilst waiting for my slot to go to my local shop (ten minutes away and am close to my maximum allocation of visits) to buy some heavily taxed beef. Obviously they can just pop someone on the gate to take the kiddywonks phones off them and give them back at the end of the day, can’t see this being a problem at all, but I imagine all the wokies will be up in arms about it or something

/sarcasm
Reply 7
Original post by TheStupidMoon
The only reason they should have a phone is for emergency calls and recording school fights and other crimes against pupils they try to cover up.

How would a child make an emergency call on a phone if their phone has been banned? Do they use dark magic to summon it when needed?
Original post by Gazpacho.
Original post by TheStupidMoon

How would a child make an emergency call on a phone if their phone has been banned? Do they use dark magic to summon it when needed?

Use the phone in reception or medical I guess but still seems somewhat poorly thought through.
Original post by Gazpacho.

They can get old phones instead where they can't watch horrible twerking videos all day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending