The Student Room Group

Gillian Keegan: Headteachers should pick up absent pupils from home

Tories are clowns.
Original post by random_matt
Tories are clowns.

I just find her statement to be bonkers. Who's going to be paying for the extra petrol/electricity that the headteachers will be using as a result of driving these absent pupils to school? What about headteachers who don't or can't drive to work so they use public transport? What about congestion fees if we're talking about London? Others have also mentioned safeguarding issues.
Original post by Talkative Toad
I just find her statement to be bonkers. Who's going to be paying for the extra petrol/electricity that the headteachers will be using as a result of driving these absent pupils to school? What about headteachers who don't or can't drive to work so they use public transport? What about congestion fees if we're talking about London? Others have also mentioned safeguarding issues.

I read the article and there was already a system in place which helped with absent students. But the tories decided to cut the education budget and now they expect the schools themselves to do the work. Again, the tories are clowns and wish their party disappears forever after the next election.
Original post by random_matt
I read the article and there was already a system in place which helped with absent students. But the tories decided to cut the education budget and now they expect the schools themselves to do the work. Again, the tories are clowns and wish their party disappears forever after the next election.

I'm not that much against the Tories per se, but I think that the education sectary along with the party as a whole probably needs to face reality. I think that the education sectary should be required to have good experience in teaching and working in schools but I guess that's too much to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending