The Student Room Group

how do i get into a counselling degree

i want to go uni to do counselling but most unis have it alongside psychology do i still get to become a counsellor do i have to do a masters to become a counsellor i’ve never done psychology i don’t want to waste time doing something i know i’m gonna struggle on i’ve been panicking about this for days i need to apply to uni by the end of my october but i really don’t know what i’m doing in life, i don’t know what course to do but i liked the idea of counselling now i researched more i’ve discovered it’s a long process
Reply 1
Hi
Colleges offer counselling courses once you finish level 4 Diploma you can be a counsellor. Level 5,6 & 7 are also available
I hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
i want to go uni to do counselling but most unis have it alongside psychology do i still get to become a counsellor do i have to do a masters to become a counsellor i’ve never done psychology i don’t want to waste time doing something i know i’m gonna struggle on i’ve been panicking about this for days i need to apply to uni by the end of my october but i really don’t know what i’m doing in life, i don’t know what course to do but i liked the idea of counselling now i researched more i’ve discovered it’s a long process

You don't need a degree to become a counsellor. You can do professional training at a local college, starting with level 2 and/or 3 counselling skills courses. You only need to train up to level 4 to register as a counsellor with the BACP. Once accredited, you would also be eligible to undertake further training, for example, as a High Intensity CBT Therapist.

Quick Reply

Latest