The Student Room Group

Can you get the thing you enjoy back?

Since starting my new job, I have lost my passion of drawing. I loved to illustrate/draw but due to TIME I've really lost inspiration and my love for drawing.

Illustrating has been a part of me for my whole life, but I feel it's time to let it go and discover new things I enjoy. I don't see the point of it anymore...I feel really sad

Is it OK, to let your passion for the things you enjoy go?
I think that its completely fine! In the words of Drake "things change, people change" so i think that if illustrating isn't something you enjoy anymore, you should definitely try new things. Take me for example, i used to play the clarinet and i stopped because my teacher wasn't the best and it started to feel more like a chore instead of something i enjoy. So do like i did and find something new and don't be afraid to explore! But also if you don't find something new after a break come back to illustration. Maybe you need time to recharge. Hope this helps homie :^)))
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Since starting my new job, I have lost my passion of drawing. I loved to illustrate/draw but due to TIME I've really lost inspiration and my love for drawing.

Illustrating has been a part of me for my whole life, but I feel it's time to let it go and discover new things I enjoy. I don't see the point of it anymore...I feel really sad

Is it OK, to let your passion for the things you enjoy go?

Sure - our interests change with time. If you feel sad about letting it go, it may be worth pencilling in (pardon the pun) some time to do a bit of drawing again, just to see how you feel about it. Start small if time is an issue (e.g., draw a teeny tiny character or doodle or something like that).

Sometimes our priorities change because of, for example, a new job, having a baby, moving house, being ill etc., and we can no longer prioritise our passions. That's not to say we never can again.

Quick Reply

Latest