The Student Room Group

Why can't I cope with even going to class any more?

I used to be so good in school, but that was in my GCSEs, I'm in my second year of A levels now, and my grades have dropped significantly.

Now, I find myself frequently "skipping" classes because I'm stressed and overwhelmed. My parents threaten to take away all my technology if I do go home early, which just makes me feel even worse when I consider going home early.

It's like whatever I do in this situation, it's going to make things worse, and that someone will always be disappointed in me (my teachers if I stay, my parents if I go)

I don't have much time left before my final exams, and if I don't sort this out soon, my life is basically over
Reply 1
Original post by Cheemgles
I used to be so good in school, but that was in my GCSEs, I'm in my second year of A levels now, and my grades have dropped significantly.

Now, I find myself frequently "skipping" classes because I'm stressed and overwhelmed. My parents threaten to take away all my technology if I do go home early, which just makes me feel even worse when I consider going home early.

It's like whatever I do in this situation, it's going to make things worse, and that someone will always be disappointed in me (my teachers if I stay, my parents if I go)

I don't have much time left before my final exams, and if I don't sort this out soon, my life is basically over

I felt a similar way during my AS Levels. I did well in my GCSEs, but skipped classes a lot during the first year of my A Levels, did the exams, but didn't get good grades and ended up dropping out.

Is there a teacher or someone else in your sixth form you could speak to about this? I would say it's important to acknowledge why you are feeling so overwhelmed so you can try and make things better for yourself. Your teachers will not be disappointed if you are going to class and asking for help when you need it.

Also, not doing well in A Levels does not mean your life would be over - mine wasn't! Thinking this way is likely not helping the situation. It's OK to struggle and it's OK to ask for help.

Quick Reply

Latest