The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Official University of Salford Applicants Thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have a face to face interview at Salford university 13th march to do learning disability nursing and social work (integrated practise). I have applied to edge hill and Sheffield Hallam to do the same courses as those are the only 3 universities in the UK that do it. I am praying I get offered a place at Salford though as it is nearest to me and I like the sound of the modules.
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Yes I'm doing occupational therapy is anyone else here doing the same???
Original post by Bipsy
I have a face to face interview at Salford university 13th march to do learning disability nursing and social work (integrated practise). I have applied to edge hill and Sheffield Hallam to do the same courses as those are the only 3 universities in the UK that do it. I am praying I get offered a place at Salford though as it is nearest to me and I like the sound of the modules.
Hello,

First of all congratulations on receiving an interview.

I know that interviews can be scary and nerve-racking to think about but what I would say is try and relax when conducting the interview. I do appreciate that is easier said then done but what I do mean is take your time with the answers and try not to rush through the process. Face-to-face interviews are a great chance for institutions to meet applicants and put a face to a name. So do allow yourself to relax into them and take your time answering each of the questions given.

I do hope that piece of advice helps, if you would like any more, we do have a document of top tips for interviews that you can access here.

Best of luck.
Matt ~ University of Salford Rep
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hello,

Just wanted to message to say congratulations on receiving an offer on our BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy course.

I would recommend attending one of our upcoming Offer Holder Days in March, this may be a good place to find other September 2024 starters doing Occupational Therapy.

You can find out more about our Offer Holder Day here.

Best wishes,
Matt ~ University of Salford Rep
Reply 24
Im 18 either doing business management or business management with marketing I am undecided :smile:
Original post by elloell
Im 18 either doing business management or business management with marketing I am undecided :smile:

Hello @elloell,

Amazing to see that you are interested in one of our Business Management courses. Do not worry at all the you are undecided on which course to take.

What I would recommend doing is attending one of our open days, the next one is on the 15th June 2024, you can book on via the link here. You will be able to attend course sessions and ask questions and hopefully decide on what course would be best for you.

If you have any questions in the meantime, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes,
Matt - University of Salford Rep
Original post by Anonymous #4

Same here :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #5
Same here :smile:

Omg!! Do u wanna add my snap so we can talk abit more hira.4xx
Original post by University of Salford
Hi Everyone!
I hope the start of your year is going well, and you're finding the start of your applicant journey setting off on a good route :h:
We wanted to create a space for anyone applying to us to start getting to know us, each other, and anything about the university that you'd like to know! You're welcome to use this thread to chat with us about anything applications/student life/general vibes of Salford and we'll answer everything to the best of our ability.
Lets get us started off with a few questions to get the ball rolling - what course (or courses!) have you applied for? How're you feeling about the new academic year? Is there anything you're particularly excited (or anxious) about to do with University?
Speak soon!
Becky and Jonny
University of Salford Reps

Hi I was just wondering if peel park accommodation do gender only flats
Hi! I'm 24 and I have a conditional offer for Physiotherapy. I'm most nervous (and excited) about flatmates. I hardly drink and don't enjoy parties, unless you count playing boardgames and making pancakes together. I'd love to meet people in advance and get together a group to apply for a PPQ flat, but it's difficult to find people. Lots of the uni chats on social media are filled with scammers and essay-writing services.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I was just wondering if peel park accommodation do gender only flats

Hey!

Yeah, that is something that PPQ definitely offer however, we can't guarantee that we will be able to offer everyone a same-sex flat that would like one. This is an option that comes up after registering your interest with PPQ!

If you would like to find out more you can contact CLV via email: [email protected] or phone: 0161 667 5010.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask—I'm more than happy to help!

Katie 😀
(Offical Salford Rep)
Original post by KeiraLayton
Hi! I'm 24 and I have a conditional offer for Physiotherapy. I'm most nervous (and excited) about flatmates. I hardly drink and don't enjoy parties, unless you count playing boardgames and making pancakes together. I'd love to meet people in advance and get together a group to apply for a PPQ flat, but it's difficult to find people. Lots of the uni chats on social media are filled with scammers and essay-writing services.

Hey @KeiraLayton,

Congrats on your offer to study with us!

When it comes to flatmates, I totally get where those nerves are coming from. I felt exactly the same before I started living in Peel Park. My best advice to give you is that you're not alone in feeling this way. There will be plenty of other people who also aren't keen on drinking and partying. The only slight challenge is finding those people, but often they're closer than you think.

During the first week of moving in, one thing I did to get to know my flatmates was to leave my door open (definitely pack a doorstop—it's honestly life-changing). This way, I was open to getting to know them and wasn't shutting myself away. I also brought snacks and communal tea, which made it less awkward to start conversations and get to know everyone.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask—I'm more than happy to help!

Katie 😀
(Offical Salford Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending