The Student Room Group

Health and social care Level 3 is stressing me out.

Last year I did health and social care level 2, but it was manageable and I got a DM in the end of the course. Now I'm doing level 3 but everything is a mess. When I started my course, my school email account was working but on microsoft teams, I couldn't see any of my health and social care classes, except for my tutor class. I was only taking notes during class so I thought this wasn't a big deal. All of a sudden the week after the teacher is asking other students for P1 and P2 for Unit 7 and at the end of class I told her how I was unable to access work because I couldn't access my teams, She said that I had plenty of time to do it even though I couldn't access any work or classes on teams and she gets annoyed and starts complaining about how I had 'so much time' to complete my work, but it was a week. When I couldn't access my classes on Microsoft teams, I went to the IT room to get help, but every time I went, the room was empty. Fast forward, when another student sent me the work and I tried to do it at home, all of a sudden my microsoft account locked itself, so I couldn't access emails, Microsft teams or my work. Whats worse, is that it happened on a Friday and the work was due the week after. I went to school and told the situation to the teacher but I knew that my situation sounded like excuses. She complained again and on the same week she released M1 and D1. Yesterday, I told the teacher I was struggling to do the work (due to the overload) and she told me to just do M1 and send P1 and P2. I have completed and sent M1, but I'm trying to cram doing P1 and P2 and I have been suffering for the past few days. I haven't gone to sleep on time, I have been skipping meals to do my work, I feel tired when I'm at school and not to mention I have Maths GCSE retake in November. My life feels like a mess, what should I do :frown: ?
Reply 1
I'm in the same situation, last year i got a DD in L2, so I thought this year would be manageable but we have a new teacher and she's really bad so we are left to learn on our owns essentially, i don't know about anyone else but I'm really trying for a DDD for university so it's really stressful. For your unit 7, maybe ask your classmates if you can take a picture on your phone of the work, even though it's time consuming it might help if your teams and emails keep playing about. Also maybe try to speak to someone who can help with managing your stress, as skipping meals and sleep is very important, and a lack of it will just make you feel even more worse and you won't benefit that much from doing work when your body isn't performing at it's best. For your exam units just for an extra tip, this guy's YT channel is a god sent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFgNeDWDyS_WQXsxNEokVMw
Not sure if the link will work but he explains everything for unit 1 and unit 2, which i found useful, also use the specifications online and print it out as a checklist. For your maths, have you been revising? I know they are this week as I'm resitting too, i have just been pushing away my assignments just so i can pass maths and fully focus on HSC. At least the exams will be over from next week monday so that's one less stress factor on us. P1 and P2 were quite simple for me, i can send you some help that my teacher did for us if you want as i know hard it is when you don't know what you are doing and wanting to get it done. <3
Reply 2
Original post by katiline
I'm in the same situation, last year i got a DD in L2, so I thought this year would be manageable but we have a new teacher and she's really bad so we are left to learn on our owns essentially, i don't know about anyone else but I'm really trying for a DDD for university so it's really stressful. For your unit 7, maybe ask your classmates if you can take a picture on your phone of the work, even though it's time consuming it might help if your teams and emails keep playing about. Also maybe try to speak to someone who can help with managing your stress, as skipping meals and sleep is very important, and a lack of it will just make you feel even more worse and you won't benefit that much from doing work when your body isn't performing at it's best. For your exam units just for an extra tip, this guy's YT channel is a god sent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFgNeDWDyS_WQXsxNEokVMw
Not sure if the link will work but he explains everything for unit 1 and unit 2, which i found useful, also use the specifications online and print it out as a checklist. For your maths, have you been revising? I know they are this week as I'm resitting too, i have just been pushing away my assignments just so i can pass maths and fully focus on HSC. At least the exams will be over from next week monday so that's one less stress factor on us. P1 and P2 were quite simple for me, i can send you some help that my teacher did for us if you want as i know hard it is when you don't know what you are doing and wanting to get it done. <3

@katiline
I've completed the Unit 7 up to a merit as a my teacher said I could do that but I sent the work on Friday at 1am (So it was on Saturday, which was past the deadline), I'm currently hating health and social care bc there is soo much coursework. I have my first maths exam on Tuesday 7th November and I'm not prepared bc during the summer holidays I went to visit relatives in my parents country and there was no WiFi or anything for me to do revision and I'm literally not prepared for exams, what can I do?
Reply 3
Original post by Lofinde00
@katiline
I've completed the Unit 7 up to a merit as a my teacher said I could do that but I sent the work on Friday at 1am (So it was on Saturday, which was past the deadline), I'm currently hating health and social care bc there is soo much coursework. I have my first maths exam on Tuesday 7th November and I'm not prepared bc during the summer holidays I went to visit relatives in my parents country and there was no WiFi or anything for me to do revision and I'm literally not prepared for exams, what can I do?

https://www.youtube.com/@TheGCSEMathsTutor
Use this youtube channel, he's helped me out greatly. He has a video on what common paper 1 topics are which is about 3 hours long, which is a lot but watch it the night before your exam or start today and watch some tomorrow. Also if you know what your strengths are in maths then practice topics that are your weakest. Also use maths genie for practice papers, mostly do paper 1 topics for tuesday then paper 2 then paper 3.
https://thegcsemathstutor.co.uk/freesource-gcse-maths-predicted-grade/
This short test also helped me figure out what my strengths and weaknesses are.
And it's good to hear you finished up to a merit, try focus what you can do on maths today and then switch back to health and social care afterwards so your brain doesn't get too overwhelmed by one thing! let me know how your exam goes! mine's on wednesday so today is all about revising unfortunately
Reply 4
https://www.youtube.com/@TheGCSEMathsTutor
Use this youtube channel, he's helped me out greatly. He has a video on what common paper 1 topics are which is about 3 hours long, which is a lot but watch it the night before your exam or start today and watch some tomorrow. Also if you know what your strengths are in maths then practice topics that are your weakest. Also use maths genie for practice papers, mostly do paper 1 topics for tuesday then paper 2 then paper 3.
https://thegcsemathstutor.co.uk/freesource-gcse-maths-predicted-grade/
This short test also helped me figure out what my strengths and weaknesses are.
And it's good to hear you finished up to a merit, try focus what you can do on maths today and then switch back to health and social care afterwards so your brain doesn't get too overwhelmed by one thing! let me know how your exam goes! mine's on wednesday so today is all about revising unfortunately

@katiline
Hi, how was your first exam today?
Mine really sucked :frown: .
Reply 5
@katiline
Hi, how was your first exam today?
Mine really sucked :frown: .

Mine sucked too.
I got at least 3 questions for sure wrong but i know i got 1 mark for at least one.
also which exam board r u doing? and F or H?
Reply 6
I'm doing Edexcel, foundation :/.
Tbh I'm someone who's always struggled with maths at a young age, and in Yr 11 it sucked seeing people revise for maths exams and pass in one go, whilst I'm retaking it for the 2nd time in sixth form. Maths is a nightmare.
Reply 7
I'm doing Edexcel, foundation :/.
Tbh I'm someone who's always struggled with maths at a young age, and in Yr 11 it sucked seeing people revise for maths exams and pass in one go, whilst I'm retaking it for the 2nd time in sixth form. Maths is a nightmare.

Me too, how'd find today's paper??
i've struggled too with maths but today'[s paper put me in a good mood cause i spent so much time revising i think it paid off
Reply 8
Me too, how'd find today's paper??
i've struggled too with maths but today'[s paper put me in a good mood cause i spent so much time revising i think it paid off

Today's paper was alright, I did half the questions of the paper but tbh, I don't think I might pass this years exam. I wasn't prepared at all and I asked my teacher days before the first exam to put me for next year's retakes but he said bc I got a 3 last time I had to retake this November, so I'm not really expecting much.
Reply 9
Today's paper was alright, I did half the questions of the paper but tbh, I don't think I might pass this years exam. I wasn't prepared at all and I asked my teacher days before the first exam to put me for next year's retakes but he said bc I got a 3 last time I had to retake this November, so I'm not really expecting much.

Oh no, maybe it's a good thing if you get all your health and social care sorted then if you do pass when results come out in january then you won't need to worry but if not then you have the time to revise before next june
I attempted every question but looking back i realised i did 4500 x 1.034 ^3 instead of ^2 LOL

Quick Reply

Latest