The Student Room Group

uni rejection anxiety, so scared about hearing back from unis

Submitted my UCAS application today and got an acknowledgement email from one uni already, to say that they received my application, and it really made my anxiety hit. I’m so scared of getting rejected from all my choices, I just can’t stop worrying. I really tried to apply strategically, but struggled due to my resit status and a little bit above average UCAT score! 2 of my uni choices are okayish but the rest are risky and I just cant stop worrying about what if I get no offers? What if the unis that said they accept resits look at my achieved grades and give me the L???? I’m already taking 1 more year than my peers, and if i fail and I have to take another year out? Oh gosh, I can’t even think about how mad my parents will be. I have no hope in myself!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m in a constant anxious state whenever i see an email notification, i should turn them all off!
I’m guessing you’re applying for medicine? If so then it might help to think of this as practice and experience to help you build your resilience for studying medicine and working as a doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest