The Student Room Group

Self confidence has never been so low.

Annoyingly, this is about looks. I’m a female, 18 years of age.
We were playing this game in our family where we were rating each other on our looks and my brother said I was the least attractive in the family.
This hurt me so much but I just laughed it off.
I’ve always been self conscious of myself tbh. especially ever since lockdown, when my face started evolving, and my face changed. My nose became a lot more prominent for instance.

I think what was so hurtful was that I’ve always deemed myself to be quite an ‘attractive’ girl. Like, a lot of the time I’m pleased with myself. When I go to school I’m happy with how I look. I’ve been asked out by some guys before and I’m currently talking to someone too. But it really hurts if the case is that I’m actually not as pretty as I might find myself.

I don’t want to sound toxic, but my sister is pretty too. She doesn’t have prominent features like me, and she gets it easy in life I feel.

I know life isn’t about looks and attractiveness, but recently that’s all I’ve been thinking about.
Reply 1
I think your brother said what he did out of spite and it’s more than likely not true. Please try to put it behind you even though it’s hard otherwise it will eat you up inside. Brothers can be so mean! As for your sister she probably has her own insecurities,I bet she’s jealous of your striking features and thinks of herself as bland. It amazing how everyone doubts their own selves. Even the most beautiful hate something about themselves, it human nature after all.
Chin up girl and be proud of who you are!

Quick Reply

Latest