The Student Room Group

UCAS

I’m getting around to writing my ucas application, and I’m not sure what to put on the section where they ask you for any mental health issues? I’ve been to a lot of services over the years, but have always moved house or left the service before a formal diagnosis could be made. I could most aptly summarise it as ocd and depression on the ucas form I guess, because those are what I was in the process of being diagnosed with. I feel dishonest? I know I need help, both now and in university if I get in, but don’t know whether the lack of diagnosis will set me back. Will my head of year look at it and think I’m lying? Will universities see it (without a diagnosis) and think the same? I don’t want to just leave it but I’m kind of worried about the consequences of being honest. I’m sorry for the rambling over a stupid box but i don’t know what to do x
Reply 1
It’s just a data thing for ucas none of that info is given to unis etc. as and when you go to uni I recommend you speak to them as they can be quite lenient with people who haven’t got a formal diagnoses! You won’t however be able to get DSA without the diagnosis.

Quick Reply

Latest