The Student Room Group

2024 Entry University Offers Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by may_g
I've applied to York, Lancaster, Liverpool, Chester and Edge Hill for English Literature. I have receieved offers from York and Chester so far, but I'd like to go to Lancaster :smile:

Both daughters eldest and youngest combined we went to all of the above except liverpool. Youngests insurance choice Chester we really liked the campus and the city had great character. Youngests Edgehill was a summer residential and York was the eldests 3rd choice. The eldest studies at Lancaster and is in her 4th year and considering staying there to do a phd. Shes very settled in Lancaster. Over the years Lancasters had great rep for english :smile:
Original post by TayVizMum
We haven't looked around the university yet but my son has competed in a few diving competitions at the Plymouth Life centre so we have stayed in the city a number of times. We are deciding whether to attend the open day next month or wait for the offer holder day.

Definitely recommend attending an Open Day if you are able to :smile:
Original post by lheeseung_05
I got an offer from university of Manchester for computer science (G400) yesterday :smile:

congrats
i applied for the industrial experience one but havent heard back yet, i applied on 18th october.
do you think theyre prioritising G400 first or considering all (along with cs + maths)
Thanks
Original post by jamest0394q
congrats
i applied for the industrial experience one but havent heard back yet, i applied on 18th october.
do you think theyre prioritising G400 first or considering all (along with cs + maths)
Thanks

On Reddit, there are many people who got offers from courses that you mentioned + G400 as well, so I don’t think any courses you mentioned are prioritised (it might be, it’s only my opinion). Mine took a week to get back, so you should be getting yours soon too. It says on the website 3000 people apply to cs course and only 300 get in, so I think I got quite lucky.
Being honest, I was worried I wouldn’t be getting any offers from the unis I applied to since I had a grade A in computer science (A*s in FM Maths Physics), but I did fortunately :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
On Reddit, there are many people who got offers from courses that you mentioned + G400 as well, so I don’t think any courses you mentioned are prioritised (it might be, it’s only my opinion). Mine took a week to get back, so you should be getting yours soon too. It says on the website 3000 people apply to cs course and only 300 get in, so I think I got quite lucky.
Being honest, I was worried I wouldn’t be getting any offers from the unis I applied to since I had a grade A in computer science (A*s in FM Maths Physics), but I did fortunately :smile:

Ok thanks a lot
I thought they would give out lots of offers because obviously it’s unlikely that everyone will get all A*
Is Manchester your first option?
(edited 5 months ago)
Ok thanks a lot
I thought they would give out lots of offers because obviously it’s unlikely that everyone will get all A*
Is Manchester your first option?

Yeah but people who get predicted 3A*s or more probably has proven some sort of way that they can achieve their predicted that grades, so I don’t think they would give out offer to a lot lot of people, maybe 5% more from the applicants (150 extra applicants) Also computer science course is getting more and more competitive each year, so applicants having 3A*s predicted is like a must nowadays if you’re applying to top unis:frown:

I’ve applied to Cambridge, ICL, UCL, Manchester (safe choice), and Warwick
Yeah but people who get predicted 3A*s or more probably has proven some sort of way that they can achieve their predicted that grades, so I don’t think they would give out offer to a lot lot of people, maybe 5% more from the applicants (150 extra applicants) Also computer science course is getting more and more competitive each year, so applicants having 3A*s predicted is like a must nowadays if you’re applying to top unis:frown:

Yh it’s a shame cause Manchester would’ve been my first choice but I’ll see what happens
Wow Manchester is your safe choice fair enough
I’m limited since I didn’t do further maths so if I can get in without it I will be happy
If I really have to I could take it next year though
Reply 27

Manchester is your safe choice when they're asking for A*A*A*??
To be fair at the open day I was told by one of the staff that if you get the grades you should get an offer
Original post by mesub

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Where are you applying
Reply 30
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Where are you applying

Bath Birmingham Southampton Sheffield and Loughborough.
Original post by mesub

Yeah Idk why but I thought having a strong personal statement and having the grades required (higher than oxbridge cs grade requirements) would surely get me an offer, and I guess I was kind of right :smile:

But for the rest of the unis, I’m not too sure since I did bad for the Imperial College admissions test 😂
Yeah Idk why but I thought having a strong personal statement and having the grades required (higher than oxbridge cs grade requirements) would surely get me an offer, and I guess I was kind of right :smile:

But for the rest of the unis, I’m not too sure since I did bad for the Imperial College admissions test 😂

Hope I get accepted but still not heard from them.
Hope I get accepted but still not heard from them.

Don’t stress too much about it, I have a friend who took 2 weeks to get back to from the point he applied. (G400)

I wish you the best luck!
Don’t stress too much about it, I have a friend who took 2 weeks to get back to from the point he applied. (G400)

thank you bro, hopefully i see you there

thank you bro, hopefully i see you there

Good luck to you both, keep us updated :smile:
Original post by CamembertPaws
Good luck to you both, keep us updated :smile:

Thanks a lot for the support, I appreciate it.
Hiya! prospective Creative Writing student here!
Predicted 43 points IBDP
- Psychology HL 7
- Global Politics HL 7
- English HL 6
- German SL ab initio 7
- Computer Science SL 7
- Maths Analysis SL 7
- Core 2
Applying to Warwick, Birmingham, Kent, Plymouth and UEA!
Reply 38

I'm in the same boat as you but I did bad on my TMUA and reasonably well on Imperial's. Given an offer from Imperial and Cambridge for CS, it might sound controversial, but I'm going for Imperial anyway.
Original post by vnayak
I'm in the same boat as you but I did bad on my TMUA and reasonably well on Imperial's. Given an offer from Imperial and Cambridge for CS, it might sound controversial, but I'm going for Imperial anyway.

I was zoned out for the first 20 mins of ICL admissions test so I could only do 5.5 questions which I’m sure that I got right, 6.5/10 if I’m lucky 😂

For TMUA, I think I found the papers okay but I couldn’t do 6 questions in total, 3 on each papers, hoping to get somewhere around 26-30/40

Why not Cambridge? Did you apply to wrong college or something?
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending