The Student Room Group

2024 Entry University Offers Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi all, i got this offer through tonight, i already have one a-level at a B that i achieved last summer. I was wondering if someone could let me know if this offer is wanting the A and B on top of the B i already have or if i only need the A - probably a really obvious answer that I’m missing🤦*♀️ hope it makes sense x
IMG_1044.jpeg
Original post by tinkereleanor
Hi all, i got this offer through tonight, i already have one a-level at a B that i achieved last summer. I was wondering if someone could let me know if this offer is wanting the A and B on top of the B i already have or if i only need the A - probably a really obvious answer that I’m missing🤦*♀️ hope it makes sense x
IMG_1044.jpeg

You are best emailing the University admissions and clarifying directly with them.
My gut would be the A in history and B in your other subject in top of the B you have already achieved …. But deffo check with the university so there is no confusion….. either way congratulations on your offer !
Got an offer from Warwick to do maths
A*A*A* in maths, further maths and a third subject
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 43
Original post by lheeseung_05
I was zoned out for the first 20 mins of ICL admissions test so I could only do 5.5 questions which I’m sure that I got right, 6.5/10 if I’m lucky 😂

For TMUA, I think I found the papers okay but I couldn’t do 6 questions in total, 3 on each papers, hoping to get somewhere around 26-30/40

Why not Cambridge? Did you apply to wrong college or something?

I applied to Gonville and Caius college.

I loved Imperial and I like London more. Imperial also has the rep for STEM so it only made sense. Cambridge is focussed more on producing academics (which is partly why I started talking about 4th year modules for CompSci MEng, which is considered the better route for academics) than industry. Imperial also has better industrial connections being in London so it only made sense.
Original post by easonfriedrice
Got an offer from Warwick to do maths
A*A*A* in maths, further maths and a third subject

Congratulations! Was Warwick your first choice? :smile:
Reply 45
I have received offers from Edinburgh and Manchester (my safeties). Still waiting on Cambridge, Imperial and Durham.

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 10.37.13.png Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 10.39.18.png

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 10.37.46.png Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 10.40.08.png
Original post by vnayak
I have received offers from Edinburgh and Manchester (my safeties). Still waiting on Cambridge, Imperial and Durham.

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 10.37.13.png Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 10.39.18.png

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 10.37.46.png Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 10.40.08.png

Amazing, well done! :congrats: Fingers crossed you hear from the others soon, what are you looking forward to most about starting university?
Reply 47
Original post by CamembertPaws
Amazing, well done! :congrats: Fingers crossed you hear from the others soon, what are you looking forward to most about starting university?

Independence(Having to do stuff for myself etc.) and the opportunity to grow my knowledge further.
Daughters got her unconditional offer from NTU (shes on gap year and has the entry requirements) to study Zoo biology at brackenhurst campus. She only has one other option (derby) as last year she applied to unis far away and it didnt work out (she got homesick). So shes in a much better headspace by applying locally for 2024 and currently working in the meantime :smile:
Original post by Ghostlady
Daughters got her unconditional offer from NTU (shes on gap year and has the entry requirements) to study Zoo biology at brackenhurst campus. She only has one other option (derby) as last year she applied to unis far away and it didnt work out (she got homesick). So shes in a much better headspace by applying locally for 2024 and currently working in the meantime :smile:

Great news! Congratulations to your daughter :h:
Great news! Congratulations to your daughter :h:

Original post by TayVizMum
My son is applying to do a masters with a placement year in Civil Engineering. (Currently studying A level Maths, DT, Geography, predicted A*A*A) He’s received an offer from Plymouth also applied to Southampton, Bath, Swansea and Surrey.

Sounds like a great course choice (and choice of universities too!) Best of luck with his application and if you have any questions feel free to reach out and I’d be happy to answer any :h:

- Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Rep :smile:
Original post by furtherfrommaths
Hiya! prospective Creative Writing student here!
Predicted 43 points IBDP
- Psychology HL 7
- Global Politics HL 7
- English HL 6
- German SL ab initio 7
- Computer Science SL 7
- Maths Analysis SL 7
- Core 2
Applying to Warwick, Birmingham, Kent, Plymouth and UEA!

Super! I’ve know a few people taking creative writing or similar subjects and have said they love it :h: Good luck with your application and if you have any questions I might be able to answer, please feel free to ask away!

- Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Rep :smile:
Congratulations! Was Warwick your first choice? :smile:

. No it’s my third one. My first and second will be oxford and imperial
Original post by easonfriedrice
. No it’s my third one. My first and second will be oxford and imperial

Best of luck!
Hiya! prospective Creative Writing student here!
Predicted 43 points IBDP
- Psychology HL 7
- Global Politics HL 7
- English HL 6
- German SL ab initio 7
- Computer Science SL 7
- Maths Analysis SL 7
- Core 2
Applying to Warwick, Birmingham, Kent, Plymouth and UEA!

Kent responded today! English Literature with Creative Writing 5 6 6 HL IB 120 tariff points. My UCAS got submitted by my school yesterday so I’m pleasantly surprised at how quickly they responded!!!
Kent responded today! English Literature with Creative Writing 5 6 6 HL IB 120 tariff points. My UCAS got submitted by my school yesterday so I’m pleasantly surprised at how quickly they responded!!!

Wow congratulations, that's great news! Hopefully not long until you hear from the others :h:
Reply 57
My offer was submitted on Oct 13th and I applied for law at Oxford, Southampton, and UEA, and Law with French Law at Exeter and Kent/Birmingham (I’ll explain that one)
I got an offer from Kent on the 17th on their applicant portal so I went onto UCAS and saw it had changed but the offer on there was another one (!) that had just come through from UEA so I heard back from those two pretty quickly.
I got an offer from Southampton around the 24th.
Then I got an email from Kent saying they decided not to do the French Law course this year even though they already gave me an offer so I had the option of transferring my offer to their main Law course or changing universities, so today I called UCAS and swapped Kent for Birmingham’s Law w/ French Law course.
I’m way too impatient - I’ve checked UCAS about 5 times within hours of switching to see if I’ve heard back yet from Birmingham lol.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 58
Welcome! :hello:

Submitting an application to study at university in 2024? :K: how is it going?

Early applicant and have already received offers? what university have you applied for and what course?

Submitting your application soon? let us know when you plan to apply, what for, and where!

Can't wait to hear from you all :wizard2:

Predicted 5*s at A-Level in Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Economics, Physics and History.
Received offers to study Economics at LSE, UCL, Warwick and Durham. Waiting for Trinity College Cambridge to respond.

All of my offers are A*A*A
Reply 59
Original post by beanlib
Predicted 5*s at A-Level in Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Economics, Physics and History.
Received offers to study Economics at LSE, UCL, Warwick and Durham. Waiting for Trinity College Cambridge to respond.

All of my offers are A*A*A

Congradulations. When did you applied? My daughter is still waiting from UCL, Newcastle and Manchester. Just want to know the timeline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending