The Student Room Group

2024 Entry University Offers Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beanlib
Predicted 5*s at A-Level in Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Economics, Physics and History.
Received offers to study Economics at LSE, UCL, Warwick and Durham. Waiting for Trinity College Cambridge to respond.

All of my offers are A*A*A

Congrats. I've applied to UCL aswell but I was under the impression that they assess applications equally no matter the time of submission (e.g early applicant or not) and then make offers after the deadline having seen everyone's application.
Reply 61
Original post by beanlib
Predicted 5*s at A-Level in Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Economics, Physics and History.
Received offers to study Economics at LSE, UCL, Warwick and Durham. Waiting for Trinity College Cambridge to respond.

You got LSE already ?!
Original post by furtherfrommaths
Hiya! prospective Creative Writing student here!
Predicted 43 points IBDP
- Psychology HL 7
- Global Politics HL 7
- English HL 6
- German SL ab initio 7
- Computer Science SL 7
- Maths Analysis SL 7
- Core 2
Applying to Warwick, Birmingham, Kent, Plymouth and UEA!

Plymouth offer today!! 26 IB points and 5 in English! Super attainable :O very exciting!!
Reply 63
Original post by beanlib

Screenshot of offer from LSE ?? It's just that I'm surprised LSE has come back to you this early because they usually take their time.
Original post by furtherfrommaths
Hiya! prospective Creative Writing student here!
Predicted 43 points IBDP
- Psychology HL 7
- Global Politics HL 7
- English HL 6
- German SL ab initio 7
- Computer Science SL 7
- Maths Analysis SL 7
- Core 2
Applying to Warwick, Birmingham, Kent, Plymouth and UEA!

Birmingham offer today! 32 overall with 665 HL and emphasis on English :smile:
Original post by vintagecarrie
I've got an offer from York as well for English Literature. Have you received the 'Golden Ticket' from them?! I've also got the same offer from Cardiff.

What’s the golden ticket?
Original post by jamest0394q
Yh it’s a shame cause Manchester would’ve been my first choice but I’ll see what happens
Wow Manchester is your safe choice fair enough
I’m limited since I didn’t do further maths so if I can get in without it I will be happy
If I really have to I could take it next year though

Fingers crossed for you! I was quite surprised how many of Manchester’s courses were in clearing last year - maybe it’s because a lot of people put it as their second/insurance choice then get the grades for their firm. Best of luck!
Reply 67
@jamest0394q I got an invite to interview from Imperial !! We take those Ws. Hope I get an offer 🤞🤞
Original post by Ghostlady
Daughters got her unconditional offer from NTU (shes on gap year and has the entry requirements) to study Zoo biology at brackenhurst campus. She only has one other option (derby) as last year she applied to unis far away and it didnt work out (she got homesick). So shes in a much better headspace by applying locally for 2024 and currently working in the meantime :smile:

Fabulous!! Great she was able to take and make those decisions. See so many threads on here unfortunately where students really struggle living away at University and don’t have the support to immediately to go home.
Reply 69
Original post by vnayak
@jamest0394q I got an invite to interview from Imperial !! We take those Ws. Hope I get an offer 🤞🤞

Are you a home student or international student? I have also applied Imperial but my course has no interviews.
(edited 5 months ago)
I’ve just submitted to UWE, Bristol and Bath spa, hopefully will hear soon as UWE and Bath spa get back fairly quickly.
Edit: I have already got an offer for Bath spa they were super quick.
Edit 2: I got contextual for uwe
Edit 3 : I got contextual for Bristol but I’m still waiting on one course.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 71
Original post by CamembertPaws
Welcome! :hello:

Submitting an application to study at university in 2024? :K: how is it going?

Early applicant and have already received offers? what university have you applied for and what course?

Submitting your application soon? let us know when you plan to apply, what for, and where!

Can't wait to hear from you all :wizard2:

I have applied for psychology with the predicted grades of A*AA

I applied for Uni of Nottigham, Birmingham, Loughborough, Southampton and Nottigham trent

I have recieved 4/5 offers waiting on birmigham however have applied for Msci there so might take longer
Reply 72
Original post by jklaww
My offer was submitted on Oct 13th and I applied for law at Oxford, Southampton, and UEA, and Law with French Law at Exeter and Kent/Birmingham (I’ll explain that one)
I got an offer from Kent on the 17th on their applicant portal so I went onto UCAS and saw it had changed but the offer on there was another one (!) that had just come through from UEA so I heard back from those two pretty quickly.
I got an offer from Southampton around the 24th.
Then I got an email from Kent saying they decided not to do the French Law course this year even though they already gave me an offer so I had the option of transferring my offer to their main Law course or changing universities, so today I called UCAS and swapped Kent for Birmingham’s Law w/ French Law course.
I’m way too impatient - I’ve checked UCAS about 5 times within hours of switching to see if I’ve heard back yet from Birmingham lol.

Update - just got an offer from Birmingham for Law with French Law! AAA or AAB with an A in EPQ if I put Birm as my firm
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 73
Original post by easonfriedrice
Applied maths in Oxford imperial Warwick Durham and Edinburgh
Received a A*A*A offer from Warwick waiting for other 4…

M’y son applied for math and computer science at the same unis as you except Warwick he chose UCL - he got a conditional offer from Edinburg 2 days ago and waiting to hear for all the others - have you heard back yet for interview at Oxford? best of luck
Original post by vnayak

Well done bro
Pray that it goes well
Reply 75
Well done bro
Pray that it goes well

Thanks...deep in interview prep and school keeps giving tests and lots of homework at this time.....🤯🤯🤯
Original post by vnayak
Thanks...deep in interview prep and school keeps giving tests and lots of homework at this time.....🤯🤯🤯

find this so annoying dont know why they do that
Reply 77
Original post by Jay Iddon
Are you a home student or international student? I have also applied Imperial but my course has no interviews.

I am a home student. If you attended the Imperial webinar on the post application process, they said that not all departments do interviews.

CS at Imperial is extremely competitive - not only is it their most competitive course, but it is probably one of the most competitive courses in the country (5.2% acceptance rate last year!).
Reply 78
find this so annoying dont know why they do that

I have a Further Stats test on Tuesday, a physical Chemistry test on Wednesday, an organic Chemistry test on 1st December, a Core Pure 1 test on 5th December, a CS test on everything we have done (since the start of year 12 because we have one small topic left and then we have finished the whole course) and that's on top of having already done the tests that the Single Maths people sit (Pure and Applied), an Internet test, a Further Mechanics test and a synoptic Organic Chemistry assessment.....it's actually ridiculous.

I've already told my teachers that I might not perform as well as I should because I have the interview coming up and they are understandable but it's crazy how this happens.
Original post by vnayak
I have a Further Stats test on Tuesday, a physical Chemistry test on Wednesday, an organic Chemistry test on 1st December, a Core Pure 1 test on 5th December, a CS test on everything we have done (since the start of year 12 because we have one small topic left and then we have finished the whole course) and that's on top of having already done the tests that the Single Maths people sit (Pure and Applied), an Internet test, a Further Mechanics test and a synoptic Organic Chemistry assessment.....it's actually ridiculous.

I've already told my teachers that I might not perform as well as I should because I have the interview coming up and they are understandable but it's crazy how this happens.

All I can do is wish you good luck bro because thats very hectic
Youll pull through dont worry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending