The Student Room Group

Antipsychotics uk

Why do antipsychotics make you feel like a cattle or like you have been chained up. Will this feeling ever stop?
Hi, my partner had a psychosis and was taking antipsychotics for a long time. It was part of her recovery but we all have different experiences with different types of antipsychotics.

Please contact your GP or mental health service that is supporting you if you are concerned with your medication.

Most importantly, take care and I wish you well on your journey.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, my partner had a psychosis and was taking antipsychotics for a long time. It was part of her recovery but we all have different experiences with different types of antipsychotics.

Please contact your GP or mental health service that is supporting you if you are concerned with your medication.

Thank you for your reply. How is your wife now?
Reply 3

Is your wife feeling any better?
Thank you for your reply. How is your wife now?

It took some time but she is doing great thank you! Still has ups and downs but thankfully no relapse. Some ongoing issues with anxiety but she is the resilient person I know.

A mixture of realistic expectations, trust building from her healthcare professionals, meditation, CBT and exercise all helped to some to degree but without the antipsychotics none of this things would have had any impact.

Managing and avoiding certain triggers has been so important. Even alcohol and social pressures around drinking has caused so many problems.

Things can get better but it can sometimes be hard to see through the **** times!
Reply 5
It took some time but she is doing great thank you! Still has ups and downs but thankfully no relapse. Some ongoing issues with anxiety but she is the resilient person I know.

A mixture of realistic expectations, trust building from her healthcare professionals, meditation, CBT and exercise all helped to some to degree but without the antipsychotics none of this things would have had any impact.

Managing and avoiding certain triggers has been so important. Even alcohol and social pressures around drinking has caused so many problems.

Things can get better but it can sometimes be hard to see through the **** times!

That's good to hear. Does your wife feel like her brain has gone blank or her thoughts have gone away and ideas?
I am not too sure to be honest!

Quick Reply

Latest