The Student Room Group

My mental health

Im an econ student in the last year and I really hate what I did. Also I'm suspecting whether I'm able to finish my degree.
I broke up with my exbf who's misdiagnosed with (I believe so ) as Asperger, but I found he matches CPTSD most. Afterwards I went through a series of mental problems like serious depression. This summer holidays I discussed it with my mum coz she's a therapist and I found it more interesting to do neuroscience, psychology and what my exbf did-history.

I really hate what I'm doing and felt so uncomfortable about the idea that everyone hopes me to do, as they hope me to do masters. But I truly lacked the motivation to do it.

My life sucks.
Reply 1
If you don’t feel you can finish it, or you don’t think you will enjoy that field of work..retrain. There’s no point suffering for years and years when you could just start your degree over differently. Yes it will be difficult but it will oh so worth it in the end. Sending you love gallie xx
Reply 2
Original post by Helen0111
Im an econ student in the last year and I really hate what I did. Also I'm suspecting whether I'm able to finish my degree.
I broke up with my exbf who's misdiagnosed with (I believe so ) as Asperger, but I found he matches CPTSD most. Afterwards I went through a series of mental problems like serious depression. This summer holidays I discussed it with my mum coz she's a therapist and I found it more interesting to do neuroscience, psychology and what my exbf did-history.

I really hate what I'm doing and felt so uncomfortable about the idea that everyone hopes me to do, as they hope me to do masters. But I truly lacked the motivation to do it.

My life sucks.

Often CPTSD is a product of having Asperger's - you're not really in any position to diagnose your ex bf. It's also not too late to start a different course.

Quick Reply

Latest