The Student Room Group

LSE Bsc Politics or Bsc Politics and IR

guys i dont know which one to apply for. considering pol and ir requires much more maths which im weaker at do you reckon straight politics would be better? id have to change mentioning "pol and ir" in my personal statement to politics though
Reply 1
IR does not require maths at allll
Reply 2
Original post by Talia23567
IR does not require maths at allll

On LSE website, it says politics and it requires candidates with “strong mathematical ability” but for politics bsc it doesn’t say that
Reply 3
Hmmmtahts weird I do IR with politics and there is not maths at all
Original post by hahaaddie
On LSE website, it says politics and it requires candidates with “strong mathematical ability” but for politics bsc it doesn’t say that

That is indeed what it says, yet I can't see anything in the module descriptions that suggest the need for a strong mathematical ability either in this course or single honours politics or single honours international relations.

I suspect that it's an error, more relevant to the politics and data science degree.
Reply 5
Hmmmtahts weird I do IR with politics and there is not maths at all

wait really at LSE?
Reply 6
Original post by ageshallnot
That is indeed what it says, yet I can't see anything in the module descriptions that suggest the need for a strong mathematical ability either in this course or single honours politics or single honours international relations.

I suspect that it's an error, more relevant to the politics and data science degree.

possibly yeah.. but as bsc politics has a very slightly higher acceptance rate I ended up applying for it ( also didnt wanna risk the maths part). I think its becaus eof the level of data analysis needed for the degree which may include statistics and stuff not sure
Reply 7
wait really at LSE?

Nope at kings
Reply 8
Nope at kings

likely to be similar. can i ask when you got your offer from Kings?
Reply 9
likely to be similar. can i ask when you got your offer from Kings?

AAA
I just think that’s a mistake because I really wouldn’t know how maths could be incorporated into IR
Reply 10
AAA
I just think that’s a mistake because I really wouldn’t know how maths could be incorporated into IR

Hahah I meant when like what month did you get your offer
Hahah I meant when like what month did you get your offer

Oh my bad😭 I was in a rush when I read this comment. I belive I got the offer around Jan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending