The Student Room Group

Official Politics and/or International Relations Applicants Thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

[quote=";98961158" Vtoutoukpe5="Vtoutoukpe5"]
Original post by normaw
Are you applying to study politics and/or international relations at university this year?
Well this is the place for you!

Tell us about ...

Specific course:
Universities you're applying to:
A level / IB / Higher grades:
GCSE grades:
Any questions:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.

You may also want to have a look at [url=

hey ive applied for politics and ir at UCL,Durham,Bath and Southampton and then straight politics at LSE. Still waiting on UCL AND LSE, it's scary. i got 998887777 at GCSE.
specific course: politics and French/european studies and french
universities applying to: Manchester (offer), Sheffield (offer), University of London Institute in Paris (offer), KCL (offer), Bath
A-level predicted: ABB
subjects: politics, French, history
specific course: politics and ir with study abroad (for some)
Universities: Exeter Bsc (offer), York Bsc (offer), Bristol Bsc (hold), Exeter BA, Durham Bsc
A level: A*AA
How long did it take everyone to get their offers? Has anyone experienced the same as me?
I got York within 24 hours of applying, and I got Exeter within 1 week of applying…
Reply 23
Politics and IR.
(Predicted AAB)
Bristol-
Loughborough-Offer
Southampton-
Bath Spa-
Cardiff-Offer

May be considered for contextual offer.
#nervous wait!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 24
Anyone else headed to Edinburgh for politics?
Hey! Applied for European Politics at King’s (received an unconditional), Politics at LSE, Exeter (offer) and York(offer), and Dual Degree BA in European Social and Political Studies at UCL. Has anyone applied to UCL/King’s/LSE for this courses or has anyone heard back from UCL/LSE?
Reply 26
Original post by DianaGabrielaT
Hey! Applied for European Politics at King’s (received an unconditional), Politics at LSE, Exeter (offer) and York(offer), and Dual Degree BA in European Social and Political Studies at UCL. Has anyone applied to UCL/King’s/LSE for this courses or has anyone heard back from UCL/LSE?
Hey I applied for IR and pol at UCL which is a similar field to European Social and Political studies, but I haven’t received an offer yet. I have heard that many people are still waiting on theirs
Reply 27
still haven't heard back from UCL - pol & ir
Reply 28
Original post by kad011
still haven't heard back from UCL - pol & ir
Anyone heard from
Durham?
Reply 29
Original post by Sha24
Anyone heard from
Durham?
No just Kings so far (pol only, rest are pol + ir)
Reply 30
Original post by lchesnay
Specific course: Politics and IR
Universities you're applying to: UCL, LSE, Manchester (offer), SOAS (offer), Sussex (offer)
A level / IB / Higher grades: AAA
Anyone else still waiting on just UCL and LSE?
Hey are you still waiting on UCL and LSE- I’m in same boat
Reply 31
I’ve applied to study politics at Edinburgh with a modern language but still haven’t heard. Offer to do I.R from Newcastle though. Any feedback from anyone else applied to Edinburgh?
(edited 1 month ago)
Specific Course: Politics & IR / IR
A-levels: Economics, Sociology, Law
Predicted grades: AAB (achieved B for law)
Universities applying to: UCL, LSE, St. Andrews, Warwick, Manchester (Offer)

Super nervous because my B kind of threw everything down the drain, I was predicted an A for Law :frown: I'm really not confident at all for the rest of my choices
Any news from LSE?
Original post by sophimans
Hey I applied for IR and pol at UCL which is a similar field to European Social and Political studies, but I haven’t received an offer yet. I have heard that many people are still waiting on theirs
i got mine through last week! shouldn't be long
Original post by DianaGabrielaT
Any news from LSE?
my friend got a politics and phil offer on Monday last week, surely politics department will be waking up now
Reply 36
Original post by Gh66
Anyone else headed to Edinburgh for politics?
I have applied for History and Politics! Still waiting for an offer from them - it’s been a long wait!!
Reply 37
Original post by Cecilly
I have applied for History and Politics! Still waiting for an offer from them - it’s been a long wait!!

I applied for politics and German at. Edinburgh and still not heard!
Reply 38
Original post by normaw
Are you applying to study politics and/or international relations at university this year?
Well this is the place for you!

Tell us about ...
Specific course:
Universities you're applying to:
A level / IB / Higher grades:
GCSE grades:
Any questions:
Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.
You may also want to have a look at this HUGE LIST of other applicants threads for all the universities you're applying to as well as potential other courses if you're a joint honours student.

Politics and IR (Politics for Kings)
UCL, LSE (rejected), KCL (accepted-contextual), Warwick (accepted), SOAS (accepted-contextual)
A-Levels, Maths, Geography and Politics and predicted A*AA
GCSEs: 888888,7,6,5 (reason why I got rejected from LSE was because my GCSEs weren't "competitive enough")
Has anyone heard back from UCL about politics, if so when did you apply and what are your predicted grades?
Original post by lchesnay
Specific course: Politics and IR
Universities you're applying to: UCL, LSE, Manchester (offer), SOAS (offer), Sussex (offer)
A level / IB / Higher grades: AAA
Anyone else still waiting on just UCL and LSE?
Hi Congrats on your offer at SOAS, which university have you firmed? I'm a final year Arabic and IR student so if you have any questions related to the course or university, I'd be happy to answer them!

Z
UG Arabic & IR

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending