The Student Room Group

University chat

Hey,
I've seen a few posts on the site about people feeling lonely at university. Just wanted to put out there if anybody is, and wants to chat or make friends, feel free to send me a message. I know its not quite the same as meeting and having friends in person in university but I know how it can feel lonely and I'd have loved to have been able to have someone I can chat to going through a similar thing.
Reply 1
Original post by Lx_chxrlx_2004
Hey,
I've seen a few posts on the site about people feeling lonely at university. Just wanted to put out there if anybody is, and wants to chat or make friends, feel free to send me a message. I know its not quite the same as meeting and having friends in person in university but I know how it can feel lonely and I'd have loved to have been able to have someone I can chat to going through a similar thing.

Hi!

So sweet to notice that there are people like you. ☺️

Which university are you at?
Original post by Meheraj
Hi!

So sweet to notice that there are people like you. ☺️

Which university are you at?

Hey!
I'm at uni of Liverpool, what about you?
Reply 3
Hey!
I'm at uni of Liverpool, what about you?

I'm planning to catch the upcoming January intake at Coventry University. That's why I'm also looking forward to making new friends especially those who are hoping to go to CU. But I won't mind having friends from other universities as well.

So, what's the programme you're currently exploring at the UoL if you don't mind sharing it with me?
Original post by Meheraj
I'm planning to catch the upcoming January intake at Coventry University. That's why I'm also looking forward to making new friends especially those who are hoping to go to CU. But I won't mind having friends from other universities as well.

So, what's the programme you're currently exploring at the UoL if you don't mind sharing it with me?

I'm doing sociology with Spanish, what are you planning to study?
Reply 5
I'm doing sociology with Spanish, what are you planning to study?

Sounds good! How do you find your course?

I'll be studying Paramedic Science.
Original post by Meheraj
Sounds good! How do you find your course?

I'll be studying Paramedic Science.

Ooh that's so interesting! Do you like it?

And mines alright, its very crime heavy which is both good and bad in my opinion. I haven't been able to attend due to illness, missing the first 6 weeks 😭 but so far it's kind of interesting
Reply 7
Ooh that's so interesting! Do you like it?

And mines alright, its very crime heavy which is both good and bad in my opinion. I haven't been able to attend due to illness, missing the first 6 weeks 😭 but so far it's kind of interesting

Thanks! ☺️ Yeah, it is. It's okay for me now even though I wanted to pursue either Adult Nursing or Airport and Airline Management-related courses in the first place but most of the universities didn't offer me any of those courses. Some of them offered Adult Nursing courses but there were one or two conditions that I couldn't fulfil. Hence, I was rejected.

Great to know that you found the course interesting but sometimes it feels boring to deal with crime-related aspects, doesn't it? I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you'll get well very soon.🤞🏻

By the way, I know a little bit about your course too as I had a module called Social Sciences in Action during my International Foundation Year programme as well as Psychology in my Higher Secondary education.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Meheraj
Thanks! ☺️ Yeah, it is. It's okay for me now even though I wanted to pursue either Adult Nursing or Airport and Airline Management-related courses in the first place but most of the universities didn't offer me any of those courses. Some of them offered Adult Nursing courses but there were one or two conditions that I couldn't fulfil. Hence, I was rejected.

Great to know that you found the course interesting but sometimes it feels boring to deal with crime-related aspects, doesn't it? I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you'll get well very soon.🤞🏻

By the way, I know a little bit about your course too as I had a module called Social Sciences in Action during my International Foundation Year programme as well as Psychology in my Higher Secondary education.

Oh that's interesting! Mostly this year we're looking at things I studied at a level so most of it is quite familiar to me- thank goodness! It's both interesting and boring. I'm really interested in gender studies, social class, education and crime too but it all seems to be social class and crime....gets quite repetitive if I'm honest
Reply 9
Oh that's interesting! Mostly this year we're looking at things I studied at a level so most of it is quite familiar to me- thank goodness! It's both interesting and boring. I'm really interested in gender studies, social class, education and crime too but it all seems to be social class and crime....gets quite repetitive if I'm honest

That's cool! Yeah, the repetition is a bit exhausting. Otherwise, all good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending