The Student Room Group

Medicine as a second degree

I studdied in a dance university 2021 doing a BA (Hons) in dance and musical theatre. I deferred in March but still managed to receive the April (third) maintenance loan. I’m also guessing the tuition fee to the university was paid aswell. I decided to withdraw from the course and apply for medicine in 2025 after doing my a-levels. Will my year 1-5 tuition cost still be funded since I only completed 1 and 3/4 of my 1st degree, since SFE pays for 3+1 years of tuition? Or will I have to fund the entire 5 years myself?
Original post by Ynannah
I studdied in a dance university 2021 doing a BA (Hons) in dance and musical theatre. I deferred in March but still managed to receive the April (third) maintenance loan. I’m also guessing the tuition fee to the university was paid aswell. I decided to withdraw from the course and apply for medicine in 2025 after doing my a-levels. Will my year 1-5 tuition cost still be funded since I only completed 1 and 3/4 of my 1st degree, since SFE pays for 3+1 years of tuition? Or will I have to fund the entire 5 years myself?

Hi there,

Can you confirm if the course is undergraduate or graduate entry medicine? Will it be full time or part time? Was your previous course full time?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Can you confirm if the course is undergraduate or graduate entry medicine? Will it be full time or part time? Was your previous course full time?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire,
It is undergraduate medicine and full time. My previous course was a full time undergraduate, but I dropped out in March of year 2.

thank you
Original post by Ynannah
Hi Claire,
It is undergraduate medicine and full time. My previous course was a full time undergraduate, but I dropped out in March of year 2.

thank you

Hi there, I would advise to contact us via Live Chat on your account and the team can look into this for you. Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, I would advise to contact us via Live Chat on your account and the team can look into this for you. Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen, do you mean on this account or the sfe account?
Original post by Ynannah
Hi Karen, do you mean on this account or the sfe account?

On your SFE account. To access our live chat select undergraduate and then contact us. From here you will be able to use our live chat service when it is available. 👉 Sign in: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login You can also access live chat via the inbox on your online account.

The live chat function will be available Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:30 this pops up when logged onto your account

If you are unable to locate or access the Live Chat function you would need to contact our helpline on 0300 100 0607 and an adviser can assist you further.
Our helpline is open 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday and 9.00am to 4.00pm on Saturday 9:00am to 4.00pm.

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending