The Student Room Group

Nottingham uni physiotherapy undergrad

I applied to Nottingham for physiotherapy with predicted A*AB and the course requires AAB. I have 2 lots of work experience including a weeks worth in the NHS hospitals, my PS was really strong, but I’ve been rejected and not even invited for an interview. Obviously I won’t dwell on this, but I just don’t know why it’s happened and I haven’t been given a reason. Has anyone else applied there and been accepted/rejected. Maybe it’s full idk??
Original post by ippleboz
I applied to Nottingham for physiotherapy with predicted A*AB and the course requires AAB. I have 2 lots of work experience including a weeks worth in the NHS hospitals, my PS was really strong, but I’ve been rejected and not even invited for an interview. Obviously I won’t dwell on this, but I just don’t know why it’s happened and I haven’t been given a reason. Has anyone else applied there and been accepted/rejected. Maybe it’s full idk??

Very similar to me, I've not submitted my application yet. I know how competitive it is, not sure what you have to do to stand out? I'm thinking now only put one AAB choice down
Original post by claireoz1975
Very similar to me, I've not submitted my application yet. I know how competitive it is, not sure what you have to do to stand out? I'm thinking now only put one AAB choice down

Have you had any other invites to interview? Where else have you applied? I guess the personal statement, whilst in theory was strong, was not what they were looking for.
Reply 3
Hopefully this will reassure you, my daughter applied for Physio last year predicted AAA with good work experience. However she was rejected from Liverpool pretty much straight away after applying but then went on to get interviews at the rest. As someone said the course is so competitive that it could just be a really small difference in getting an interview or rejection and each uni will look for something different. We still do not understand why Liverpool rejected her but it was within days so there was clearly something they didn't like in her PS or something missing.
Reassuring to hear, thank you

I have neither been accepted for interview or rejected they are saying they are still actively reading my application but they want to give equal opportunity to everyone so idk
Reply 6

My daughter is still waiting to hear back from Nottingham. She’s been invited for interview to her other 4 options, and has had 2 of them already (with an offer from Plymouth a few days later).
Reply 7
Original post by Cookie-dog
My daughter is still waiting to hear back from Nottingham. She’s been invited for interview to her other 4 options, and has had 2 of them already (with an offer from Plymouth a few days later).

I wouldn't worry, last year there seemed to be several batches of interviews for Notts. My daughter was in one of the last I think (despite applying in October) and she got an offer pretty much straight after that and im pleased to say she is at Notts now :smile:.

When did you apply?

When did you apply?
Original post by wanttoknow123
I have neither been accepted for interview or rejected they are saying they are still actively reading my application but they want to give equal opportunity to everyone so idk

They aren’t interviewing till January ucas deadline
Reply 11
Original post by Cookie-dog

I’m the same, I have got interviews/ offers from 3 but still waiting for Birmingham and got rejected from Nottingham pretty soon. I have also got an offer from Plymouth!!!
Reply 12
Original post by 7382092gabs
When did you apply?

Nov 16
Reply 13

Daughter just got her rejection tonight from Nottingham predicted 3 As and lots of work experience..said personal statement not strong enough..we won't dwell on it but you do wonder what they want you to cover in the statement..Good luck for your other applications
Reply 14
Original post by Gilly100
Daughter just got her rejection tonight from Nottingham predicted 3 As and lots of work experience..said personal statement not strong enough..we won't dwell on it but you do wonder what they want you to cover in the statement..Good luck for your other applications

I am sorry to hear that. It is a mystery that's for sure. My daughter was predicted 3xAs (and achieved 3As), she got rejected instantly from Liverpool "not met non academic requirements" which was so strange as she had work experience. She was rejected from Birmingham over 4 months after her interview, which was upsetting as that was her number one and she thought the interview went really well. Things worked out for the better in the end, she looks back and actually she is super happy where she is.
Reply 15
Original post by LMas01
I am sorry to hear that. It is a mystery that's for sure. My daughter was predicted 3xAs (and achieved 3As), she got rejected instantly from Liverpool "not met non academic requirements" which was so strange as she had work experience. She was rejected from Birmingham over 4 months after her interview, which was upsetting as that was her number one and she thought the interview went really well. Things worked out for the better in the end, she looks back and actually she is super happy where she is.

Thanks! Yes things happen for a reason. Just hope she interviews well for her other choices!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending