The Student Room Group

HELPPPP!!! DNA replication & transcription

DNA replication and transcription are two processes that occur in the nucleus of eukaryotic cells.
* Compare DNA replication and transcription by describing the similarities and differences between the two processes. (6mks)

Please anyone I need your help for this question to get enough points with scientific terminologies
Any would go a long way
Original post by Emmaclems
DNA replication and transcription are two processes that occur in the nucleus of eukaryotic cells.
* Compare DNA replication and transcription by describing the similarities and differences between the two processes. (6mks)

Please anyone I need your help for this question to get enough points with scientific terminologies
Any would go a long way

1. Some of the similarities between the process of replication and transcription are as follows:

Both processes are intended to work on the genetic material. Both of the processes are aimed at maintaining the integrity of the genetic material.

Both of the processes have deoxyribose nucleic acid (DNA) as the template.

The direction of DNA and RNA synthesis takes place from 5' to 3' direction.

Both of the processes need enzymes for the facilitation of important reactions.

[start]2. Some of the differences between the process of replication and transcription are as follows:[/start]

The process of DNA replication is intended to replicate the DNA, whereas in the process of transcription , DNA is transcribed into the molecule of RNA.

The process of DNA replication mostly uses DNA polymerase, whereas RNA polymerase is used in the process of transcription.

The process of DNA replication produces double stranded product, whereas RNA transcription produces single stranded product.

The DNA produced in the DNA replication does not have uracil. On the other hand RNA produced in the process of transcription has uracil.

Reply 2
Thanks a lot! I just had to understand the concepts and this has added to my knowledge:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending