The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Applicant Frequently Asked Questions

Hi Everyone,

We thought it would be useful to put together a list of the most frequently asked questions we receive during the application process.

Check out the list below and if there's any more you would like us to add, just let us know by commenting below :smile:

What are the entry requirements for [specific course]?

Please check the relevant course page on our website, where you will find full details of the course including our entry requirements.

If you have further course specific queries or need more information about entry requirements for a particular course please contact [email protected] and we can forward your query to the relevant admissions tutor, or provide you with their contact details if you wish to contact them directly.

What scholarship and bursaries could I get?

Scholarships

We offer a range of non-repayable scholarships recognising academic achievements and individual talents to support you during your studies.

Bursaries

We offer a £1,500 means-tested bursary scheme to help you with the costs associated with going to university. Eligibility is based on your household income.

Once I’ve applied, how long will it take for the University to make a decision on my application?

If you’ve made an application for a non-interview/portfolio course and submitted all of the relevant information needed, you will usually hear back from us with a decision in 10 working days. If we have to request any further information from your application, we will provide an update within 10 working days of receiving the requested information.

If you’ve applied to a course that requires an interview/portfolio, we will contact you within 10 working days of applying to confirm your next steps (either arranging an interview or requesting your portfolio). After your interview or portfolio review, you will hear back from us within a decision within 10 working days of your interview date/ portfolio submission.

Who can I contact if I have any specific questions about studying at Herts?

If you want to find out more about your chosen course or what it’s like studying at Herts, you can always message our current students who will be happy to share their experiences with you.

If you need to discuss anything more specific, you can email our friendly team on [email protected].

I submitted my UCAS application after the 31 January, will it still be considered?

Although we are not obliged to consider applications submitted after the UCAS deadline of 31 January, we will continue to consider any late applications received while we still have vacancies on the course applied for.

I’ve accepted your offer as my firm choice, what happens now?

Once you have met any conditions of your offer, we will confirm your place. The registration process then starts with your account set up so that you can receive directions to your Registration Portal, where you'll find joining instructions and further details.

I’ve accepted your offer as my insurance choice, what happens now?

If your firm choice institution rejects you, your place with us would be confirmed provided you have met any conditions of your offer. We would then send you joining instructions, University system login details, and any other relevant information by email approximately a month before the start of your course.

I want to live on campus; when and how do I apply for accommodation?

Applications for accommodation normally open in early spring. If you are holding an offer to study with us, we will email you to invite you to apply for accommodation. Please apply before A-level results day. The application process is online and can be accessed via our main website where you will also find extensive information about the accommodation options available.

I have applied for accommodation - when will I get offered a room?

For students already holding a confirmed place to study, we will start allocating and offering rooms in early summer. For those waiting for results to meet the conditions of their offer, we will only offer accommodation when your results are in and your place to study has been confirmed. All offers will be made via email.

I am planning to live on campus; can I bring my car with me to University?

If your accommodation is on our de Havilland campus, you will not be able to bring your car with you. This is a condition of your accommodation contract as there is no parking available for students resident on de Havilland. For students resident on our College Lane campus a limited number of parking permits are available to purchase. These permits are sold on a first come first served basis and information is provided in the accommodation application process as to how and when these can be purchased. If you are not lucky enough to secure a permit you cannot bring your car with you to University.

(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending