The Student Room Group

talking to people when i feel awful never seems to help

they just sneer at me, or look awkward and don't know what to say, and i always feel worse and it achieves no tangible end and makes people distrust me and be disappointed. i don't want to dump misery and anger on my friends either cos that will just ruin things. being alone is the only thing that seems to help. but i just kind of barely survive and drift through life till i feel ok again.
Original post by Anonymous #1
they just sneer at me, or look awkward and don't know what to say, and i always feel worse and it achieves no tangible end and makes people distrust me and be disappointed. i don't want to dump misery and anger on my friends either cos that will just ruin things. being alone is the only thing that seems to help. but i just kind of barely survive and drift through life till i feel ok again.

they should be understanding towards u, its good to talk about how u feel
We are all humans. We feel all kinds of emotions, good and bad. It is natural to feel down and helpless. What matters is it takes courage to ask for help. This is why we have platforms like this so that we can talk it out. In here, we only want to help without any judgements. Do not bottle up your problems, you are safe here.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1

You can phone the Samaritans and chat to someone there You do not have to be suicidal just if you are struggling.I do not know how old you are but Childline are also good.Have you seen your doctor about how you are feeling.Perhaps that might be a good move.

Quick Reply

Latest