The Student Room Group

Can I get an extension on my extension? Help

I have diagnosed ADHD and am registered with the disability team with my uni . I have courseworks due over Christmas. This is marking close to the time my grandad passed away last year . I requested and was granted an extension (5 days) on my courseworks due to my disability really impacting my studies and my bearvement . However there is a national medication shortage for ADHD meds at the moment and I’m really struggling. My friend has been approved of getting an extension on her extension before for her disability . I know I can just about get about one coursework in on time however I don’t know if I’ll be able to get the second one in on time .
Is it worth explaining this to my uni cuz I’m really struggling and I don’t know what to do .If I explain the situation to the extenuating circumstances team at my university and notify them of the medication shortage and that my disability is really effecting me and how I may need longer on one of the courseworks, is there a chance/likely to be approved ?
Any advice appreciated
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by amber2106
I have diagnosed ADHD and am registered with the disability team with my uni . I have courseworks due over Christmas. This is marking close to the time my grandad passed away last year . I requested and was granted an extension (5 days) on my courseworks due to my disability really impacting my studies and my bearvement . However there is a national medication shortage for ADHD meds at the moment and I’m really struggling. My friend has been approved of getting an extension on her extension before for her disability . I know I can just about get about one coursework in on time however I don’t know if I’ll be able to get the second one in on time .
Is it worth explaining this to my uni cuz I’m really struggling and I don’t know what to do .If I explain the situation to the extenuating circumstances team at my university and notify them of the medication shortage and that my disability is really effecting me and how I may need longer on one of the courseworks, is there a chance/likely to be approved ?
Any advice appreciated

Yes you can get an extension on an extension. Talk to your disability and wellbeing teams, or if you have someone specific to talk to, do that, and exenuating circumstances should be able to help.

I had this problem with my dissertation, and needed to have another weeks extension (I got it with my LSP) so I ended up getting it, but you need to talk to them, and they should be able to help you.

If you have any further questions, please ask, I'm happy to help.

Andrew
Student Ambassador YSJ

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending