The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston - optometry

ive seen somewhere where the predicted grades for optometry should be aab minimum and that aston goes down to bbb for the actual alevel grades, is this true?
Reply 1
Original post by choutr
ive seen somewhere where the predicted grades for optometry should be aab minimum and that aston goes down to bbb for the actual alevel grades, is this true?

thought the offer is aaa?
sounds right for predicted grades
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
but i need to know like whether if there even is a point of me applying, if the grades that they require are still high for the actual alevel results day
Reply 3
Original post by choutr
but i need to know like whether if there even is a point of me applying, if the grades that they require are still high for the actual alevel results day

possibly - I know someone got got in with abc last year - check contextual offers asw
don't be put off by trolls on tsr I think it's worth applying if you have any predicted grades which are a c and above and you can work on actually getting it afterwards
Reply 4
Original post by Lebkuchen
possibly - I know someone got got in with abc last year - check contextual offers asw
don't be put off by trolls on tsr I think it's worth applying if you have any predicted grades which are a c and above and you can work on actually getting it afterwards

yehh thank youuu for the infoo
Reply 5
Original post by member8927
The grades they require for results day is AAA - what is stated in your offer. You cant rely on luck.

it's not luck??
The person is asking how low they have gone down in the past so they make an informed choice?
I suggest they also email FOI and see what the lowest grades they accepted into the optometry school was
My friend got into another optom school with CDD and the grades stipulated were AAB so anything can happen and it isn't really luck seeing how this course enters clearing in almost every year accepting people with grades below their entry requirements
Original post by member8927
It is luck. If they ask for AAA then they want AAA and only go lower if they dont fill up enough spaces. They will probably on average have under 10 spaces to fill up each year and who knows they might not have any spaces to fill up this year and so will only accept students that have acheived their offer.

probably isn't good enough and not enough to discourage someone for applying for a particular course if there is not enough solid evidence
I suggest they email the admissions team to ask for their stats before you put your two cents in
Original post by Anonymous #1
probably isn't good enough and not enough to discourage someone for applying for a particular course if there is not enough solid evidence
I suggest they email the admissions team to ask for their stats before you put your two cents in

Admissions team would probs agree and say you need AAA on results day as thats what they have stated on their wesbite .

Quick Reply

Latest