The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

aston optometry

ive seen somewhere where the predicted grades for optometry should be aab minimum and that aston goes down to bbb for the actual alevel grades, is this true?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by choutr
ive seen somewhere where the predicted grades for optometry should be aab minimum and that aston goes down to bbb for the actual alevel grades, is this true?

Their offer is AAA / AAB depending on how many sciences you study. Univerisities will recieve your alevel results a week before results day and already know who they are rejecting and accepting. Why would they go down to BBB for actual alevel grades where have you heard that from. They will give out offers for all students who have correctly met their offer. Only if they have spaces to fill )which will be very limited )will they give offers to those who missed their offer by a few grades.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Their offer is AAA / AAB depending on how many sciences you study. Univerisities will recieve your alevel results a week before results day and already know who they are rejecting and accepting. Why would they go down to BBB for actual alevel grades where have you heard that from. They will give out offers for all students who have correctly met their offer. Only if they have spaces to fill )which will be very limited )will they give offers to those who missed their offer by a few grades.

there is a 2023 optometry thread on student room where many students have got a place with bbb or bbc , aston have also emailed sayign that the predicted grade needs to be aab for an interview, but they go down to bbb for the actual alevel results day
no way? are u sure its not bc last year grade boundaries where shambolic???????????
Reply 4
Original post by Always.working
no way? are u sure its not bc last year grade boundaries where shambolic???????????

yehh it must be because of thatt
wdym they emailed btw?
also have u sent ur application off yet or got anything back from aston?
Original post by choutr
there is a 2023 optometry thread on student room where many students have got a place with bbb or bbc , aston have also emailed sayign that the predicted grade needs to be aab for an interview, but they go down to bbb for the actual alevel results day

‘Many students’ .. there was probably less than 5. Over 1000 people apply for optometry at Aston, TSR is not a representative sample. How do you know Aston emailed saying that? I highly doubt they would email someone and say they would go down to BBB on results day.
Reply 7
wdym they emailed btw?

i emailed them about what predicted you can apply with and they replied saying minimum AAB with 2 sciences and they've sometimes given out interviews to those who are predicted BBB but rarely. this person has interpreted it wrong 😭
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by fatz0
i emailed them about what predicted you can apply with and they replied saying minimum AAB with 2 sciences and they've sometimes given out interviews to those who are predicted BBB but rarely. this person has clearly interpreted it wrong lol

ahh okay bc personally i wouldnt get comfortable with "theyre lenient i cann get a bbb and get accepeted"
Bit risky
Hahahahha not anonymous#2 passive aggressiveness ahahahhahahah
ahh okay bc personally i wouldnt get comfortable with "theyre lenient i cann get a bbb and get accepeted"
Bit risky

Yep, also seen some posts from this person saying that they applied let alone started their ps. Think they’re worrying about the wrong things atm 😬
Original post by Anonymous #2
Yep, also seen some posts from this person saying that they applied let alone started their ps. Think they’re worrying about the wrong things atm 😬

haven’t applied**
Hahahahha not anonymous#2 passive aggressiveness ahahahhahahah

No not trying to be rude lol just being realistic
Anonymous where have u aplied and have u been given anny offers/ interviews
Anonymous where have u aplied and have u been given anny offers/ interviews

I applied to Aston Manchester Cardiff Huddersfield and City I have got offers/ interview invite from all apart from Manchester still waiting. My interviews are coming up in January
ayyyyyy i also applied to aston
which one would u most likely go to
(edited 4 months ago)
ay i also applied to aston
which one would u most likely go to

Aston Wbu
same
r u from brum?
Reply 18
wdym they emailed btw?

i havent sent my aplication yet i need to this week
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous #2
haven’t applied**

what

Quick Reply

Latest