The Student Room Group

help?

so I was trying to send somone a dm or it's called pm on here, anyway, I cant send direct messages and I tried to find out why, but the site said they needed to know me more (I'm new to the site) but I don't understand how that would work.
Original post by sophrocks07
so I was trying to send somone a dm or it's called pm on here, anyway, I cant send direct messages and I tried to find out why, but the site said they needed to know me more (I'm new to the site) but I don't understand how that would work.

Unfortunately, the message TSR displays is too long (so people don't bother reading the whole thing) and misses one important piece of information. To be able to PM you need to:
1. Be a member for at least three days.
2. Post at least two messages.
3. Wait until midnight (after having met conditions 1 and 2).
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Unfortunately, the message TSR displays is too long (so people don't bother reading the whole thing) and misses one important piece of information. To be able to PM you need to:

thank you I tried to make sense of the message but I have dyslexia and ADHD, unfortunately I was not able to focus because of the length of it lol.
Original post by sophrocks07

I don't get what you're saying.
Reply 4
Original post by Hardest Job
I don't get what you're saying.

i couldn't send direct messages bc im new
Reply 5

I have sent multiple replies and started two threads but its still not allowing me to pm people. Any advice?
Did anyone find a way around this? I'm having the same issue
Original post by goobadooba
Did anyone find a way around this? I'm having the same issue

The way around it is to read what's written above:

To be able to PM you need to:

Tell me, when did you meet condition 2, above? Was it, perhaps, 47 minutes ago? So have you met condition 3 yet?

Quick Reply

Latest