The Student Room Group

Mental Health: Should I quit?

I am doing a Masters part time alongside working full time. I have two 3000 word assignments due in the next week and I am struggling so bad to do them. I struggled with these two modules this term because I found them so difficult and hard to understand. Everyone in my classes seemed much smarter and more advanced and I just felt so out of place like I shouldn’t be there as I couldnt engage with the discussions properly.

I have cried so many times after lectures and also the past few weeks trying to understand the topics for my assignment. This is my first time being back in education after graduating 4 years ago. This year has also been challenging for me as I have moved cities and jobs and also had personal family issues too. I thought I was fine and managing but I dont know if all of this has built up causing me to freeze?

Im wondering if I should defer whilst I sort my mental state out? How does this effect my PG loan also?
Reply 1
I think you need to get in touch with your Personal Tutor ASAP to talk this through. It's probably too late for the upcoming assessments so, and as there is a real risk of you not completing these assessments on time, you may want to consider submitting a PMC/EC application to cover late or non submissions. You will need evidence to support your application which you may not currently have, but you can still submit an application and say that evidence will be forthcoming. In the meantime, get in touch wuth Student Support which should be active over the Christmas vacation and see what support is available. You might also see your GP. If you can keep everything going, there shouldn't be an impact on your loan but can't advise beyond that sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest