The Student Room Group

MSc Finance advice needed

Hello guys, I am looking to apply for an MSc in Finance to break into IB (all sizes: BB, mid-market, EB, etc.). I am not applying to Tier 1 Oxbridge, LSE, imperial, etc. Is there any other school I can consider as a semi-target? I do have a year of experience in investment management and need a decent program to apply for MS. Any suggestion or advice is welcome. cheers
Original post by vidhyaasagar
Hello guys, I am looking to apply for an MSc in Finance to break into IB (all sizes: BB, mid-market, EB, etc.). I am not applying to Tier 1 Oxbridge, LSE, imperial, etc. Is there any other school I can consider as a semi-target? I do have a year of experience in investment management and need a decent program to apply for MS. Any suggestion or advice is welcome. cheers

Perhaps others might disagree, but given entry-level IB recruiting is now usually confined to summer internship cohorts, I think it might be quite difficult to get in via a non-Tier 1 MSc Finance course - most recruitment from graduate courses largely come from Oxbridge/LSE/LBS/Imperial nowadays.

I'm not sure why you're not targeting these sorts of unis (I'm guessing either cost/requirements), but your best bet is probably to have a go at either some of the top continental European finance courses, or unis like Warwick and UCL.

It's not 100% what your past experience precisely entailed (investment management is quite general), but it may be possible to do a MSc Finance degree and then apply for the large number of roles that require at least one year or experience, then possibly lateral over to IB - but the viability of this route depends on the details of your past experience.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending