The Student Room Group

Uni applications and mental health

I’m just wondering if I should email the unis I’ve applied to, to say that my mental health is worse (diagnosed) than in was when I initially put my application in?
Reply 1
Original post by ailism1
I’m just wondering if I should email the unis I’ve applied to, to say that my mental health is worse (diagnosed) than in was when I initially put my application in?

What would you be hoping to gain from this?
If its just to let them know, then theres not much point as they havnt offered you a place yet, theres lots of time between now and september to give you time to work on yourself, get the right support ect.
Original post by ailism1

@ailism1

You wouldn't need to put it into your application.

Have a look at Disability Support Allowance because depending on your mental health issue you may be entitled to funding for additional support at University. You would apply through the Student Loan Company for this.

Regardless of funding, I would engage with the Universities counsellors/mental health support if you think it would do you some good. I struggled with my mental health at University and they were fantastic in supporting me

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
If your health has affected your previous studies to the point that your referee would have completed that section differently, then they need to contact your uni choices with an updated reference.

If not, you can still engage with disability services when you arrive, nothing you completed on the UCAS app is binding with regards to that, (it's just for inclusion stats).

Quick Reply

Latest