The Student Room Group

hate myself for academics

I have mocks starting from monday and then wednesday - only 3 papers but in 3 days

I'm the only person to blame for this problem but i haven't done not alot of revision. My predicted grades are BBB so i'm aiming to get an average of Cs.

I was burnt out before christmas as i had mocks but now that im still trying to revise, i cannot be bothered. Now that my first mock is in 2 days, i feel like all hope is lost. I'm not giving up but i am getting more stressed abt it and i'm just dreading coming back to school. I don't enjoy anything about it and i have literally no motivation anymore. I thought christmas would be a time for me to recover. I don't enjoy any of my subjects, or anything in my real life for that matter so I feel like i'm just in this constant state of tiredness. I dont know why my school decided to have mocks on the first day back, but obviously theres nothing i can do.

I do use my free periods as time to revise, I have an outside of school maths tutor, I stay after school probably around 3 times a week to do revision for 30mins after school(my house is too loud to concentrate during weekdays), in the evenings i do a couple of hours trying to do homework and then weekends i do some revision and homework. This was before christmas so i know i have to step it up a notch. I just feel like i haven't learnt anything. My revision methods are blurting, past papers and watching YT vids. It also doesn't help that my teacher didn't teach random chapters for computer science(Software developments, systems software and algorithms) so its hard to catch up and understand all the work by ourselves as our new teacher doesn't have enough time to teach us.

Is it a big deal if i get bad grades on this? Because they made it sound like a big deal when i got a 5 GCSE mock but then an 8 in the real thin. Again, that is the GCSEs and alevels are a different level. Today i'm planning to study for the whole night in order to concentrate bc this is pretty much the only time i can salvage.

Any advice or experiences would be great.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have mocks starting from monday and then wednesday - only 3 papers but in 3 days

I'm the only person to blame for this problem but i haven't done not alot of revision. My predicted grades are BBB so i'm aiming to get an average of Cs.

I was burnt out before christmas as i had mocks but now that im still trying to revise, i cannot be bothered. Now that my first mock is in 2 days, i feel like all hope is lost. I'm not giving up but i am getting more stressed abt it and i'm just dreading coming back to school. I don't enjoy anything about it and i have literally no motivation anymore. I thought christmas would be a time for me to recover. I don't enjoy any of my subjects, or anything in my real life for that matter so I feel like i'm just in this constant state of tiredness. I dont know why my school decided to have mocks on the first day back, but obviously theres nothing i can do.

I do use my free periods as time to revise, I have an outside of school maths tutor, I stay after school probably around 3 times a week to do revision for 30mins after school(my house is too loud to concentrate during weekdays), in the evenings i do a couple of hours trying to do homework and then weekends i do some revision and homework. This was before christmas so i know i have to step it up a notch. I just feel like i haven't learnt anything. My revision methods are blurting, past papers and watching YT vids. It also doesn't help that my teacher didn't teach random chapters for computer science(Software developments, systems software and algorithms) so its hard to catch up and understand all the work by ourselves as our new teacher doesn't have enough time to teach us.

Is it a big deal if i get bad grades on this? Because they made it sound like a big deal when i got a 5 GCSE mock but then an 8 in the real thin. Again, that is the GCSEs and alevels are a different level. Today i'm planning to study for the whole night in order to concentrate bc this is pretty much the only time i can salvage.

Any advice or experiences would be great.

It has just started to really get to be mentally and i feel like i can never get some sort of break. I've tried to do stuff like reading, going on walks and getting enough sleep. In sepetmeber i found out that i have iron deficiency and the doctor said that the tiredness and faintness makes sense so i've improved my diet by eating iron rich foods and having supplements. After all this, i still feel exhausted and i dont know if anything has actually helped? I drink plenty of water and im not a coffee lover so caffeine is out the question. I also get my 8 hours of sleep and sometimes more. It just seems like i've tried so many options that could have helped and idk what i can do that would be any beneficial. I dont feel or act any differently and im just frustrated with myself. I always feel like crying.

Quick Reply

Latest