The Student Room Group

Please update PM design

Problem Summary
Please update PM design

Problem Details
The PM text editor is so old, it looks like it is from 2002 (and probably is), and while thread pages have had about 15 redesigns since then, the homepage has had at least 10 and even forumdisplay pages have had a few licks of paint, PMs still look ancient.

This took me 15 minutes to make, based on the page you see to create a new thread:

No it's not as flashy as react thread pages, nor does it need to be. But it looks a whole lot neater than this:

Why should this get priority? I hear you cry:
1. I don't think it would take that long to do, based on my mock-up. Though of course I know nothing of tech matters

2. If you want to build a community you need friendships, acquaintances, relationships to develop. A key way of this occurring is via private messaging and this really does put the student at the heart of everything TSR does. I'm laying it on thick but I mean it.

Device
Desktop

Browser
Chrome

Link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/private.php?do=newpm

Additional Information
I had hoped the rebrand would help with this but seemingly not. Even the TSR form submission page looks cleaner.
Original post by 04MR17
Problem Summary
Please update PM design

Problem Details
The PM text editor is so old, it looks like it is from 2002 (and probably is), and while thread pages have had about 15 redesigns since then, the homepage has had at least 10 and even forumdisplay pages have had a few licks of paint, PMs still look ancient.

This took me 15 minutes to make, based on the page you see to create a new thread:

No it's not as flashy as react thread pages, nor does it need to be. But it looks a whole lot neater than this:

Why should this get priority? I hear you cry:
1. I don't think it would take that long to do, based on my mock-up. Though of course I know nothing of tech matters

2. If you want to build a community you need friendships, acquaintances, relationships to develop. A key way of this occurring is via private messaging and this really does put the student at the heart of everything TSR does. I'm laying it on thick but I mean it.

Device
Desktop

Browser
Chrome

Link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/private.php?do=newpm

Additional Information
I had hoped the rebrand would help with this but seemingly not. Even the TSR form submission page looks cleaner.

Thanks, I've passed this onto the product team. PMs is on the list of features that need updating! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending