The Student Room Group

Private forums not showing in the app

Problem Summary
Some forums on the app (at least for me) seem to be missing for me, I’m not sure about others.

Problem Details
Some forums on the app (at least for me) seem to be missing for me, I’m not sure about others.

I cannot see Ask the Community Staff, I can not see some of other private stuff that I’m supposed to have access to (if you’re part of the volunteer/support team or are an ex-volunteer then you’ll know what I’m talking about) etc.

Device
Mobile

Browser
TSR App

Link

Additional Information
I’ve already raised this issue previously and privately but I’m raising here again and hopefully it can be resolved ASAP.

I pretty don’t use the app nowadays though, muscle memory takes me to website instead despite this app actually being good and better than the website in some cases unlike the old app.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Talkative Toad
Problem Summary

Problem Details

I cannot see Ask the Community Staff, I can not see some of other private stuff that I’m supposed to have access to (if you’re part of the volunteer/support team or are an ex-volunteer then you’ll know what I’m talking about) etc.

Device
Mobile

Browser
TSR App

Link

Additional Information
I’ve already raised this issue previously and privately but I’m raising here again and hopefully it can be resolved ASAP.

I pretty don’t use the app nowadays though, muscle memory takes me to website instead despite this app actually being good and better than the website in some cases unlike the old app.

Thanks for flagging this, I've raised this as an issue and will let you know when there are any updates! :smile:
Original post by RainbowLapras
Thanks for flagging this, I've raised this as an issue and will let you know when there are any updates! :smile:

Thanks
Posting to subscribe as I also raised this several weeks ago
Original post by 04MR17
Posting to subscribe as I also raised this several weeks ago

2 months ago for me, hopefully this issue will be resolved (people need to be able to see ask the community staff at a minimum in my opinion).
2 months ago for me, hopefully this issue will be resolved (people need to be able to see ask the community staff at a minimum in my opinion).

It's not about seeing it (I can) if when you post a thread in it you can no longer access the thread in any way. Private forum functionality hasn't been developed on the app. This was a problem with app 2 as well.
Original post by 04MR17
It's not about seeing it (I can) if when you post a thread in it you can no longer access the thread in any way. Private forum functionality hasn't been developed on the app. This was a problem with app 2 as well.

Well I can’t even see AtCS on the app in the first place, the forum is completely missing for me. Even when I clicked on the link to it through the app, i just get an infinite loading loop or I was able to see one thread (I didn’t bother to check if I could interact with the thread or not).

So yeah by see I’m talking about being able to access the forum, post in it, see AtCS resolved etc. Like you can on the website.

For CS to see: https://www.loom.com/share/ef652d51e2c24c1594e105ad8966c2bf (nice website, thanks).

If you want a version where you see it for Toad specifically then we can maybe do that but I can’t share that here for obvious reasons.
(edited 3 months ago)
Any updates on this because after 2 months I still can’t see missing forums notably AtCS.
Any updates on this because after 2 months I still can’t see missing forums notably AtCS.

Hey, thanks for your patience on this - we have this on our radar but it's not on the immediate roadmap. I'll pop an update here as soon as I have one for you :smile:
Original post by RainbowLapras
Hey, thanks for your patience on this - we have this on our radar but it's not on the immediate roadmap. I'll pop an update here as soon as I have one for you :smile:

Thanks, I think that it’s important for users to see AtCS in the app (as opposed to the other stuff).
Hi @Talkative Toad,

To help us figure out what's happening here, could you:

On web - click the 'Switch to React thread page' toggle to view this thread on React

Then click the below links and see if you can access them when on the React experience?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7463997
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7466799

Let me know how you get on 🙂
Original post by dinosaurchef
Hi @Talkative Toad,
To help us figure out what's happening here, could you:

On web - click the 'Switch to React thread page' toggle to view this thread on React

Then click the below links and see if you can access them when on the React experience?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7463997
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7466799
Let me know how you get on 🙂

I cannot access the links on react or ST2
(edited 1 week ago)
I also can't access the links above, ("You are not allowed to view this page"). React view on desktop though, rather than the app.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending