The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU response time?

HI, I recently applied for both graphics design and animation at MMU after sending them my portfolio I was rejected from the graphics design course but not the animation course, it has been about 4 weeks since then but I haven't heard anything back about the animation course. Just wondering what their response time normally is or if anyone else is in the same spot at me? thanks
Original post by TackyTub
HI, I recently applied for both graphics design and animation at MMU after sending them my portfolio I was rejected from the graphics design course but not the animation course, it has been about 4 weeks since then but I haven't heard anything back about the animation course. Just wondering what their response time normally is or if anyone else is in the same spot at me? thanks

Hi @TackyTub!
If you're applying to study for September 2024 and you submitted your UCAS application by 31st January, universities have until May 2024 to respond. However, we aim to make decisions as quickly as possible. You are more than welcome to email the admissions team on [email protected] to request an application update🙂
- Chloe
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi @TackyTub!
If you're applying to study for September 2024 and you submitted your UCAS application by 31st January, universities have until May 2024 to respond. However, we aim to make decisions as quickly as possible. You are more than welcome to email the admissions team on [email protected] to request an application update🙂
- Chloe

Hi, Thank you for the response. I did email the administration team but about another issue. when i originally applied to the illustration and animation course i never noticed there was just a course for animation and when i looked over both the courses I realise i was meant to apply for the animation one as it’s more what i wanted to study in the first place. i was just wondering if i’m able to change the course or is it too late?
Hi, Thank you for the response. I did email the administration team but about another issue. when i originally applied to the illustration and animation course i never noticed there was just a course for animation and when i looked over both the courses I realise i was meant to apply for the animation one as it’s more what i wanted to study in the first place. i was just wondering if i’m able to change the course or is it too late?
In order to request to change the course on your application, you will need to e-mail the relevant admissions team(s) for both courses ([email protected])

Your email needs to be sent from the email address that you have stated on your UCAS account. You might wish to attach a new personal statement if the original is no longer relevant.

Please include the following information in your email:

Full Name

UCAS ID

Date of birth

Full Name of the course that you were accepted on

Full Name of the course that you want to change to

Hope this helps!
Chloe🙂
Reply 4
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
In order to request to change the course on your application, you will need to e-mail the relevant admissions team(s) for both courses ([email protected])

Your email needs to be sent from the email address that you have stated on your UCAS account. You might wish to attach a new personal statement if the original is no longer relevant.

Please include the following information in your email:

Full Name

UCAS ID

Date of birth

Full Name of the course that you were accepted on

Full Name of the course that you want to change to

Hope this helps!
Chloe🙂
Thank you for the help, I sent the email off yesterday with all the necessary information as i had already had a look into the possibility of changing the course pre enrolment. I will attach an updated version of my personal statement to the original email about changing my course. Do you know how long the process could take?
Thank you for the help, I sent the email off yesterday with all the necessary information as i had already had a look into the possibility of changing the course pre enrolment. I will attach an updated version of my personal statement to the original email about changing my course. Do you know how long the process could take?
As admissions are still processing new applications, it could take a few weeks for them to process your request

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending