The Student Room Group

Studying Natural Sciences

Is Natural Sciences a good undergraduate degree and well respected by employers?
Reply 1
Original post by Eleni Polyviou
Is Natural Sciences a good undergraduate degree and well respected by employers?

Yes it is but what do you think you want to do after uni?
I do not know yet maybe data analytics
Original post by Eleni Polyviou

Hey

I'm Oliver and I'm a fourth year Natural Sciences student at Lancaster studying chemistry and biochemistry pathways. I'm actually at the point now where I'm looking to apply to jobs and have found no issues in my experience with applying with a Natural Sciences degree.
In fact the interdisciplinary nature of the degree has given me lots of skills and experiences to draw on for applications and opened up a wider net of opportunities for me to apply for.
For example, by studying multiple subjects at university level you easily demonstrate to an employer that you are strong at time management and organisation and can balance multiple tasks at once.
It is also worth noting that employers will also get a copy of your transcript so will be able to see all the modules you have taken and see that you have the same relevant knowledge as single honours applicants.

I hope that is helpful and feel free to ask any more questions :smile:

Oliver (student ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending