The Student Room Group

Chemical egnineering

So I am a student applying for natural sciences for university. but i would like to also apply for chemical engineering as well, so do you think a natural sciences personal statement will help me get an admission in chemical engineering?
Original post by ivhsbur93993
So I am a student applying for natural sciences for university. but i would like to also apply for chemical engineering as well, so do you think a natural sciences personal statement will help me get an admission in chemical engineering?

Hi!

I'm Oliver and am a 4th year natural sciences student at Lancaster.
I know with natural sciences, students are often apply to single honours degrees too. Therefore at Lancaster we tend to look for a general interest in science from the personal statement rather than specific subjects. Therefore you could talk about your interests in chemical engineering and that would still help you for natural sciences.
I thought I'd also point out that at Lancaster we actually offer a chemical engineering pathway within natural sciences, so you could study chemical engineering along with another science too!

I hop that helps. Best of luck with your application and if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help :smile:

Oliver (Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest