The Student Room Group

Cambridge Natural sciences vs PBS

I'm interested in neuroscience. Is that under Natural Sciences or PBS?

I do see a neurobiology option in Part IB subject options for Natural Sciences, but things don't quite feel like Natural Sciences is designed for neuroscience specifically.

Psychology and Behavioural Sciences say it "provides the opportunity to study all aspects of psychology." That's great, but psychology is a bit different from neuroscience.

Please let me know which one fits the best! It's probably just semantics.

This is important because if it's Natural Sciences, then I'd need to register for the test. If it's PBS, then I don't.
Original post by yd1201

I do see a neurobiology option in Part IB subject options for Natural Sciences, but things don't quite feel like Natural Sciences is designed for neuroscience specifically.

Psychology and Behavioural Sciences say it "provides the opportunity to study all aspects of psychology." That's great, but psychology is a bit different from neuroscience.

This is important because if it's Natural Sciences, then I'd need to register for the test. If it's PBS, then I don't.

See: https://www.neuroscience.cam.ac.uk/resources/prospective_students/
‘A major route into neuroscience for most undergraduates is through the Natural Sciences degree course.

In your third year (Part II) students can elect to retain a broad study of science or concentrate on a single subject. The School of Biology has details of the Part II Neuroscience course. Neuroscience also forms a part of courses such as pharmacology, physiology, development & neuroscience, psychology and zoology.’
See: https://www.pdn.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/part-ii-courses

Look at the other modules and see if they interest you
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by yd1201

Neurobiology is neuroscience. There is also specifically a neuroscience track in natural sciences as well through the PDN (Physiology, Devleopment, and Neuroscience) Part II course (also one of the contributing departments to the natural sciences degree as a whole).
(edited 7 months ago)
Have you looked at degrees elsewhere that are actually in neuroscience? eg https://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/neuroscience/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending