The Student Room Group

Why is everyone vaping these days????

Scroll to see replies

Original post by burberry_butter
I mean everyone from 9 year old kids to literal adults!! I know it’s cheaper than smoking and stuff but srsly it’s literally more common than chewing gum. It’s like this whole new trend and I feel like the govt should really intervene to end this epidemic.

Because it’s trendy/ makes you “look” cool
Reply 21
Original post by burberry_butter
I mean everyone from 9 year old kids to literal adults!! I know it’s cheaper than smoking and stuff but srsly it’s literally more common than chewing gum. It’s like this whole new trend and I feel like the govt should really intervene to end this epidemic.

Because it screams cool, smoking cigarettes is very passe these days in comparison.
Slightly more seriously though, a number do it because its better (less bad) than smoking. Others do it to simply get their nicotine hit, being addictive and that, and some of course (like kids) do it to seem cool and older.

Most simply because they have a nicotine addition though. Cigarettes are relatively unique in being one of the most repulsive mediums for getting your drug of choice, few people manage to get hooked because they like it per-se as opposed to it being convenient. Tobacco isn't the nicest flavour after all. Cool melon on the other hand? Much nicer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending